Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Speaking of Dungeon Hunter, are there any psp equivalent games that are available that are like it? I like this style of rpg rather than Jrpg.

2. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    There are some like Untold Legends 1 & 2 or Dungeon Seige but I don't think they are on the PS Store so it is just a matter of waiting.

Been playing Plants vs Zombies again lately, loving the Vita version. I think it was worth the $15.

3. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Amazing someone would choose a badly rated gameloft title over a disgaea title I think I'm in the twilight zone but I suppose to be fair it was a title I didn't play myself for quite a while due to the weird name but if levelling is your thing there is no better series of games.

I'm pretty addicted to Disgaea 2 at the moment the plot isn't as funny as the first one but it isn't bad and the actual game mechanics are very cool I'm actually not in a hurry for the third now although I'll definitely be buying it.

4. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I agree, I'm glad I held off from buying Dungeon Hunter. I would rather pick up a PSP title to tie me over but now that Disgaea is around the corner I'm happy.

So anyone know how to unlock Retro soundtrack in Super Stardust Delta? I was unlocking stuff randomly when I started the game up but after the orchestral one nothing pops up anymore. :(

5. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Depends on your preference. I think every turn-based and real-time strategy game is horrible. Disgaea, Final Fantasy Tactics, StarCraft. It's all equally unbearable to me. I can't pull the trigger on Dungeon Hunter for $40.00 though. Strange thing about the now defunct Gameloft Premium titles. They were technically sound, for the most part, but never really fun to play. And yet you played them anyway, even though they weren't that fun, and you were 't sure why you were playing. They were rarely more then $6.99.

6. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I really want Warrior's Lair (Ruin) but it got delayed and switched developers. It looks like it's going to be a good dungeon crawling game, but as far as I know there isn't a release date yet. Was supposed to be a launch window title but... Yeah.

7. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    You want Final Fantasy Crisis Core. Unfortunately, it is only on UMD.

8. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Not very similar really, I was never a crisis core fan despite that being the reason I bought a PSP it's worth playing for the story if your a ff7 fan like me however I don't think much of the actual gameplay.

Dungeon Siege (throne of agony) was a very good PSP game in the Diablo style however I'm unsure if it's on PSN but it's the only one that comes to mind and it is one I've played myself.

9. earthclaw

earthclaw Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Freakin Space Alien
    Alienville
    #1449 earthclaw, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
    The Third Birthday (Parisite Eve 3) is a blast on psvita.
    I thought the Dungeon Siege psp was an average game full of alot of glitches/bugs,nothing as good as the pc versions.
    Silverfall was pretty good although it got mixed reviews.
    The untold legends series was also fun(way too easy for my taste), but super cheap if you buy it on umd for the psp 3000.
    Dungeon Explorer was the closest to a diablo clone.
    Alien Syndrome was also on the psp(more like a twin stick shooter).

Gods Eater is also a great game,worth a look.

10. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Well I played it right through and can't remember any glitches or bugs I found it to be a pretty enjoyable hack and slash in my mind I think it's the best one on the PSP.

Anyway heres the metcritic reviews for it, some agree with you some with me so I guess it's subjective. metacritic

11. earthclaw

earthclaw Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Freakin Space Alien
    Alienville
    #1451 earthclaw, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
    Yeah some people had alot of fun with dungeon siege, I just couldnt get past the long load times, graphical glitches near some walls, getting stuck in certain areas. crashes due to umd read errors.... If they ever had it for download/run off a memory card i would give it a better then average rateing. But, to say best hack n slash...that would have to go to god of war series on psp.

12. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Nice, the tracking details of my Disgaea 3 indicate it is to be delivered today. :) Been so busy lately though I might not have time to try it for a couple days.

13. Same here. Did you pre-order it from the NISA Store too? I love it when game companies break their own street dates. :p

14. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

I really like Dungeon Hunter :) amazing with joysticks rather than IOS touch version
    It has multiplayer-thats not on IOS version??
    Its more actiony based which i prefer to the JRPG type games so prefer it over Disgaea-prob rent that off Lovefilm tho-see what the fuss is about ;)

15. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011

I tried telling people it was a good game....

16. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Dungeon Hunter 2 and 3 have multiplayer on iOS...

17. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Haha ill back you up now lol!
    DH3 is bad freemium garbage lol and do have DH2 but didnt play it much...

The Vita one has trophies!!! Lol

18. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Well I tried Dungeon Hunter at a friends plus the demo and not that it is terrible but there are definitely flaws. I would pick it up but when it drops in price, $20 sounds fair.

BTW, to the previous person who asked where I preordered Disgaea 3 it was a Canadian website. Videogamesplus.

19. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I think I'm going to get Disgaea 3 from PSN digitally as that's a game I actually think it might be handy to have on the system itself as you can basicly play it forever I think it's worth the space sacrifice. I doubt I'll pick it up on launch as I want to rush through the plot of Disgaea 2 beforehand and I'm enjoying the game I've feeling Disgaea 3 would ruin it for me by being much better.

The vitas also getting me more interested in switching my xbox to a ps3 although knowing the way I usually do consoles I'll buy one and Ps4 will be announced a week later

20. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I agree with you about Disgaea being a game you probably always want on you however, a couple things that changed my mind about buying it digital.

1. No discount, they stated it will still cost like $39.99.
    2. File is like 2GB.
    3. A game like Disgaea can get hard to find. The physical copy may be sought after in the future.

I only have an 8GB card which I'm using for PSP and PSN games only.