Universal Call of Duty: Strike Team (By Activision)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Sep 5, 2013.

1. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    I'm on the latest iOS using iPad Air and just played the first mission without any issues.

Thanks, been meaning to play this and your issue motivated me to check it out. Pretty sweet game! Hope you get it to work

2. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Ok now this is something really strange. I don't know how this is an issue only for me but maybe this is the case. I just re install it throught my computer and i-tunes (another tip I found on activision forums (and not directly download it to my device)) and still keeps crashing on splash video. Maybe somehow my device has keep something somewhere a corrupted file that this is the harmful stuff. I ll send a letter to support but I don't have much hopes.

3. MarleySaege

MarleySaege Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    So, mfi support could use some tweaks. Control mapping would be welcome! I mean, why choose to map 'place claymore' to the 'Y' key when there is no Weapon switch mapped !

4. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    It's on sale for $2.

5. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    #505 Crabman, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    Besides the mapping,more important to me:how good is aiming with a controller?Is there a sensitivity option?
    Even more important:is there an"invert Y axis" option?

6. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    #506 Crabman, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    To answer my own questions:yes,it has an"invert Y"option and it has a sensitivity option (though the y axis is still a tad too fast).

Great game,bye bye MC5 :)

A tip for controller user:long press on"X"and you switch your weapon.

edit:how do i earn more credits to upgrade percs etc?I'm half way through the campaign (i guess) but i only got a handful (maybe 80 or so)?For many missions i don't get anything although i finish them without losses etc.

7. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    The ingame news says"news for strike team coming soon".Hope it will be more levels...

8. PaulEd7

PaulEd7 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    I think this has been scrolling since the game was originally released...

9. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    yeah I was thinking about that as well.That i just overlooked it before.Meh :)

10. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    I'm pretty sure it was a flop (or at least didn't pull in the billions of dollars Activision wanted) - IIRC the dev team were closed down not long after it came out. Crying shame, really, I loved the game. Finished it when it came out and I've just reinstalled it now I've got an iPad for the first time, to see it on a bigger screen. Far from perfect - the plot's ridiculous and it never really gets particularly deep with the tactical side - but it's one of the best things the franchise has ever done. I'd pay a lot for a sequel with a better story and deeper strategy, or really any military game that actually makes proper use of drawing paths in real-time like this.

11. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Any issues with it on the latest iOS? Just tried to launch on my iPhone 6 and it keeps crashing :(

12. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    i have zero problems on ios 8.2.Did you restart after installation?Or using a JB?

13. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    #513 Mess, Apr 5, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
    No JB and restarted and all the usual :( maybe I'll try a fresh install...

At least it's working for someone else, so it should work for me ;)

Edit - reinstall, reboot after install, crash :(
    Seems to work in airplane mode though... Weird!! Do you need an Internet connection to play?

14. PaulEd7

PaulEd7 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    No but it does try to connect to Activate where it saves your level progression. Maybe that's the problem...

15. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    I tlater took it of airplane and it worked... Will try launching it again from scratch connected to the net and see what happens.

16. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    I tlater took it of airplane and it worked... Will try launching it again from scratch connected to the net and see what happens.

17. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Can you play this whole game without going first person?

18. MasterRron

MasterRron Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Economist
    Rome
  19. MasterRron

MasterRron Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Economist
    Rome
    I really like it but a bit too much...

20. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Got it for $2 on sale. Don't like that you can't resize the shoot button,and that it doesn't work unless I am in airplane mode :(