Horde of Heroes - Retro Match-3 RPG - [Everplay]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Everplay, Mar 24, 2014.

1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #21 JCho133, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    Really looking forward to this, the art is frickin amazing, especially the monsters.

I'm pumped :D

Also, any news on Ace of Blades? Or is it truly dead?

2. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Both these games look good but I have a hard time getting behind Everplay after Spell Sword went freemium.

And probably the most painful, what happened with Terra Noctis (a game I consider to be one of the best iOS platformers, but just was handled terribly wrong between a number of publishers so don't know if I can totally blame Everplay on that one).

3. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    A quote from Everplay on the now in limbo Ace of Blades. A few developers have had issues like this in the past. If they have learnt from their "mistakes" I hope we can all get passed it. I understand the scepticism. I'm all for giving them another chance though.

4. Pivi

Pivi Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Haha, sorry, but this is just bad propaganda speech. :)

Every freemium game can be played without IAPs, but most of them can't be finished because of some paywalls and/or insane difficulty.

My main advice is this:
    Make the game HARD for cheapskate people, who won't pay a dime for IAPs.

Make a one time purchase IAP (like EXP doubler), that makes the game's difficulty NORMAL, so anyone who is willing to pay for a good game, can finish the game without paywalls or needless frustration.

Any other IAPs can make the game easier for anyone who buy the consumables, but it's not necessary for a normal gamer to finish the game.

5. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

6. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Awwww 3 more weeks to go, no :(

7. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Ooo I'll be picking up the soft launch version when I finish work. But when you say recruit friends to help you in battle? It's not one of those with friend codes or asking me to add random strangers to Facebook is it?

8. Everplay

Everplay Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    The only Heroes you found are the battlefield are your friends. Its not like Puzzles & Dragons, for example, where you find random people and just add them. And there are no friend codes. We understand that privacy and security are important to our players, so the function comes from the integrated Facebook features of iOS so that (at least Everplay) doesn't access any of your personal information.

9. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    How much easier or more difficult is the game if none of your friends play so no one is there to help you? Sounds good that it isn't intrusive, although not many of my friends play iOS games : (

Downloading now as I still have 2gb data left and only 2 days to use it so I'll try on my break in an hour : ) I love the graphics in the screenshots by the way.

Also I seen a comment saying matching/combat is not turn based it's just a timer that continues to count down until the monster attacks, is this permanent or something that may change? I have always preferred turn based where it just counts down until the monsters attack you after your turn as it allows more freedom for when you play instead of needing to play when nothing will distract you.

10. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    You could always pause

11. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #31 ste86uk, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    I know but that still wastes precious time and I hate match 3 games I only like these because of the rpg elements.

*edit* ok so I'm not finding it so bad doing it this way without it being turn based. One comment though the tutorial is great at explaining things yet doesn't explain anything for the elements at the side when levelling up with the fire and air ect

12. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Loving the game, but I agree, I have trouble findin how to get more base health, and I don't really know what to put points in. Same with the elements

13. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    I believe one of the skill point areas is a green heart

14. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Anyone else having trouble advancing from 1-10 after killing that Venus man trap? I killed him, won the quest but I don't advance...

15. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Mines working fine, I'm on the goblin camp a few levels later. Also to the other question health is the green stat on the bottom left when levelling up.

I still have absolutely no idea what the elemental stats do, one bit of gear had the fire picture and said firepower +15%. Anyone know what the fire, water, earth and air do? I have 1 point in fire and fire elements show up but unsure what they do when I match them still.

Also wondering devs if I quit or restart a mission do I keep gold and keys ect that I found it have to win the level?

16. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    After playing this for 24 hours now, I think they really need to rethink the hearts & IAP system. At its core the combat/Match3 mechanic is fantastic and addicting, but its very easy to blow through your hearts and then you are left with a Candy Crush/Facebook style IAP system. Given that this genre (fantasy RPG) is a niche genre to begin with, I'm not sure how successful this is going to be.

17. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Very quiet around here

18. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    There's a release thread haha

19. acgf

acgf Active Member

Mar 1, 2013
    love this game, but 4-20 is too hard