iPad Push Panic - [Rerelease]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VTX, Jan 16, 2012.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It's a shame this had to get that over-excessively used (on the app store, at least) exclamation mark at the end of the title due to Appular's unfortunate ****-up, but you've done the right thing in a very respectful manner (both releasing this free for a limited time and actually explaining the situation, instead of leaving us old supporters wondering why we got screwed), so I can only hope Push Panic continues successfully and this is nothing but an extremely minor bump in the road. :)

2. rzdesign

rzdesign Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Illustrator & (Game) Designer
    The Netherlands
    Thanks for all the positive replies everyone! It was a hard decision on how to RePublish the game, but it seems this was the best option. Also, many thanks for all your suport and of course the post on the homepage!

And yes, the exclamation mark is maybe a bit overdone, but it will fit perfectly with the new game/name we're developing at this moment! We're hoping you'll enjoy it as much as we do developing/playing it and it'll definitely be a awesome game for all our Push Panic fans!

Regards,
    Ricardo de Zoete
    Visual Designer (for Push Panic and other projects with VTX)

3. coolpowers

coolpowers Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Indie developer
    Coralville / Iowa City
    Push Panic is a fantastic game, and as I have said, a big inspiration for Pin Fall.

I guess this is one of the downsides of going with a publisher, huh?

4. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Oh my! Thanks for the heads up and the free offer! I love this game, and would hate to lose everything. I'll head to the app store to redownload it and rerate it the 5 stars it deserves!

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    This is actually an extremely fun casual game. Thanks for the freebie. Not sure how I missed the first release.

6. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

Thanks guys! I just finished a very busy painting :)lol:) day. As some things in the house needs to be finished before our baby will be born :)

Now catching up with everything happening with Push Panic :)

7. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    This game is great. It's a lot of fun. A def pick up, even when it goes to full price. Tell your friends.

I love the live leaderboard interface. Great game design there.

8. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

I just uploaded version 1.3.1 to apple. This fixes the tweet bug.

The crash bug in the live ranking modes has also been identified. It was triggered only when the leader boards contained very few entries. It should not crash anymore now. Can you guys verify?

Thanks a lot!

9. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

The official number of downloads from yesterday is: 93674!

That is overwhelming! Thanks to all people who made this possible!!

10. Synthesyze

Synthesyze Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm loving the excitement and thrill of trying to tap all of the blocks! Really great game that weights high risk with high rewards

Some nitpicky things I found:
    In Color Panic: I got dropped the same color like 7 of 8 blocks, which caused a game over. Is it random?
    Time Panic: Not sure when how the powerups work, but I separate my games into 4 big combos. There's almost always a x2, x4, and a link, but I may or may not see a select all color powerup?

11. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

Color Panic (all modes) are random yes.

Time Panic: Every time the bottom bar fills up you get a speedup. Also you get a new color block. The next time the bar fills you get a new sort of special, after that a new color, then a new special etc etc. So it takes a while before all specials are available (things will go real fast by then) :)

12. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

After being free for 5 days we are now switching back to payed again.

We would like to thanks all of you who showed interest in Push Panic!

This is a great community!

13. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let you know that the latest update of Push Panic has been submitted to Apple for review. It has Facebook Leaderboard integration, so you can rank against your Facebook friends.

Also because Push Panic will be featured tomorrow on http://www.DailyAppDream.com it is free again for a limited period of time.

14. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

Version 1.3.3 featuring Facebook Friends Rankings is out now! (or very very very soon!)

Hope you like it!

15. smoldersonline

smoldersonline New Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Love this game, but ... stuck on level 53. I'm very close to giving up, any pointers out there? Thanks a lot!

16. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

Many people seem to have trouble with level 53 and 69. I'm considering to make them a bit easier and providing an update.

17. smoldersonline

Mar 21, 2012
    I'm playing that level for weeks already and only on two occasions I came close to Bronze (265.000). Thanks a lot for your consideration!

18. TomekSzymek

TomekSzymek Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Amazing game. I didnt make it to the 52 lvl but i got the taste of it. Really great puzzle game. Good job.

19. seej82see

seej82see New Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Hi, great game created, thanks for the work.

Now then, any tips/hints for level 20? It's the last gold I need (74/75).

Been trying for weeks. Highest so far is 64040. :confused:

20. smoldersonline

Mar 21, 2012
    Any news on this? Would love to continue the game.