Sharing my technique and want experts feedbacks!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by andrebirnfeld, Aug 25, 2014.

1. andrebirnfeld

andrebirnfeld Member

Aug 25, 2014
    #1 andrebirnfeld, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
    Edited - moderator can deleted it asap!

2. vbnn2

vbnn2 Active Member

This is my opinion, i don't have any game success before :D So i'm not an expert :D
    I think it's a good idea. It's worth to try :D Maybe i will try in my current game (it's not popular) or the next game.

3. Your very clever I think. You have adapted and tried something that has worked.

You are using the store ( google play ) that has alot of users but a "free" culture to spread the word about your game.

If all my friends who have android are talking about a game and i only have an iphone then i will buy the game to play/compete with them. Whats $2 to join in with friends. I definitely wont get an android phone just to be able to get that game for free!

4. andrebirnfeld

andrebirnfeld Member

Aug 25, 2014
    #4 andrebirnfeld, Aug 26, 2014
    <edited>

5. andrebirnfeld

andrebirnfeld Member

Aug 25, 2014
    #5 andrebirnfeld, Aug 26, 2014
    <edited>

6. CharredDirt

CharredDirt Well-Known Member

This is actually a really good idea. I'll have to try this out.

7. andrebirnfeld

andrebirnfeld Member

Aug 25, 2014
    #7 andrebirnfeld, Aug 27, 2014
    <edited>

8. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    #8 mr.Ugly, Aug 28, 2014
    funny that you removed all your posts :)

so releasing on the playstore for free and charging on the appstore is the "new" super secret weapon of mass desctructio..ohh sales ?

:D

9. andrebirnfeld

andrebirnfeld Member

Aug 25, 2014
    #9 andrebirnfeld, Aug 28, 2014
    Nop, extremely opposite of what you said.

I removed all posts because I dont really recommend to other developer do exactly same thing. That is a method which worked for me, but maybe I have a lot of luck or this is my specific situation. Maybe someone can think its a good idea and when try it and dont have same results then I would be the guilty.

Every app is an individual and particular situation and you can't ever make your strategy based in one person which used a different way to earn money. My only lesson is: find your personal solution for your specific case, each case will work different to others.

I hope all the best for you!

Edit: I forgot to say, your ironic phrase sounds like if I'm hidding a strategy or something (lol). If every developer makes exactly this strategy, would be thousand times better for me, as many others paid apps Apple Store have instead free apps, it's better because peoples won't had the option to get apps for free.

10. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    for most indies its trial and error anyway.. so leaving your post is an valid approach done by alot of developers for quite some time.

you adapt to the market like rovio did with their titles on ios and android.

11. andrebirnfeld

andrebirnfeld Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Good point, sometimes is good to see different ways to get succesfull for starters. But, the mainly thing which made I edit my posts is: I don't believe anymore that a really good strategy, I think I'm loosing money, I could be earning hundred times more I THINK. So, I'm little worried to pass a wrong information... maybe i would be earning more displaying some ads on free android version, or making it free on both platforms and win with ads. Little bit confused about where I go now...

When I was starting I remember to saw a post like this one, I tried to earn money by the same way and was worst idea ever.

I think it's 10000 times better for a starter see an advice like "You have to find your specific way for your particular case to earn money" instead "This is the best idea ever, I'm winning lot of money with this way"