Galaxy Pirate Adventure **** COMING SOON *****

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sunfish Studio, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Sunfish Studio

Sunfish Studio Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    I would like to introduce you Galaxy Pirate Adventure (GPA), a 3D Action RPG game that will be released soon. Here is the introduction of the game and some screenshots.

Galaxy Pirate Adventure is a high-resolution, full 3D Action RPG for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch developed by Sunfish Studio. Acting as the son of the Galaxy Pirate King, you begin an exciting journey to fight against enemies, to form your fleet, to become a commodity trader, and to discover the secret of the galaxy and your true identity.

Leading A Fleet of Three
    You control a fleet of three spaceships to experience an all-new, 3-on-3 action battle.

Dozens of Spaceships
    37 ship models are categorized into six ship grades: Frigate, Transport, Destroyer, Cruiser, Battleship, and Battle Cruiser. Each ship model has its own characteristics and sets of equipments. You are going to build your ships, customize them with 200+ equipments and 200+ crew members, and loot 50+ rare items to power up your ships by completing various robbery missions.

A Large Galaxy World
    In 40 hours of gameplay time, you are going to explore a large galaxy composed of 40 starports, 10 solar systems, and two pirate kingdoms of different technology levels. The 700mb content includes not only outstanding graphics, but also exciting background music and an epic story with 44 cinematic cutscenes, a feature that is not often seen in iOS games.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anthony LAW
    Sunfish Studio Limited
    Facebook
    Twitter

2. takosushi

takosushi New Member

May 11, 2011
    That looks great!:)

3. tonyatf

tonyatf Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Cambridge
    Looks good.

4. nabs

nabs Active Member

Sep 3, 2011
    WOW this looks amazing. Any ETA? Is there IAP?

5. Sunfish Studio

Sep 21, 2011
    It will be a paid app and no IAP at the moment.

6. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    Rival for Galaxy on Fire :)

7. Whiteplayer3d

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    Only for 4.Gen + ?

8. Sunfish Studio

Sep 21, 2011
    GPA supports iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4, iPad 1.0 and higher devices. Of course, the graphic quality will be the best in iPhone 4 and iPad2.

9. Whiteplayer3d

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    Is there huge graphic difference iPhone 4/iPod Touch 4G ?

10. Sunfish Studio

Sep 21, 2011
    Limited by the video memory size of iPod Touch 4G, the skybox, we have to limit the texture size of the rendering. Yet, the lighting and normal map are still there. Therefore, you can still the same atmosphere in the space, just that resolution of skybox and planet will be a bit low.

11. Whiteplayer3d

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    Thank you very much for answer ;)

12. Kbom

Kbom Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2010
    comming soon?? so whene is soon? is "soon" as in allready submitted to apple or as in a few month time???

so no realse date yet, i guess that meens not submitted to apple yet!
    or is it?

13. Sunfish Studio

Sep 21, 2011
    GPA is now under beta testing, which will be completed in a week or two. If things go smoothly, GPA will be launched in Early Oct.

14. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Is the combat reasonably skill-based, possibly even a real-time simulation or fps model based only on precision, reflexes, and manual targeting?

Warpgate, for all its other good points, was a bit of a let-down in the combat department, and Galaxy on Fire 2's (otherwise a brilliant game) combat, in spite of being completely twitch-based (relying solely on reflexes and precision for combat) was still a bit simplistic, thanks to the limited enemy AI and likewise limited ship physics/maneuvering possibilities. Even the upcoming Dangerous: Null Space will sadly not feature twitch-based combat, instead adopting an EVE-inspired star combat model.

I'm hoping for combat either in the vein of the brilliant indy MMO Vendetta Online (space Quake, fps-style, sacrificing theoretical realism for an extremely fast and reaction time-demanding combat model that still leaves much room for tactical decisions, manuevering, and outsmarting opponents), or the hardcore nerdy naturalism (either as in scientific and philosophical, or as in nudity) of the legendary Elite series.

But in all honesty, I will probably buy this regardless ;)

15. Sunfish Studio

Sep 21, 2011
    Ayjoa,

Thanks so much for your questions and opinion.

The battle of GPA is very different from that of GOF2. It is more about reaction on enemy's action, controlling of distance between u and enemy, managing the energy (firing and defensing consume energy), fitting of ships to suit your battle style. Moreover, you lead a fleet of three ships instead of one.

It will be better if you can see from video instead of just describing in word. Please allow us some time to prepare the video.

16. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Stockholm, Sweden
    From that description, it doesn't sound quite like the kind of combat mechanics I prefer (which, simply put [even though there are MANY variations on the theme, from Freelancer's fps-like setup, to Elite 2: Frontier's highly advanced and complicated combat model], involve manual targeting, fast reflexes, and a high degree of precision), but instead more akin to EVE Online's model, albeit with three ships. (Which is definitively not a bad thing, mind you! Just not my preference.)

But I look forward to the video in the hope of being proven wrong, and even if not, I look forward to it anyways ;)

17. Menno1555

Menno1555 Member

Aug 16, 2011
    From sunstudio's last description, GPA sounds a bit like the DS game infinite space to me. You have more ships to command, can fit them for battle, and you can manage the distance to your advantage.

18. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

If this game is anything like Galaxy on Fire 2, then I'm sure I'm going to LOVE it. :eek:

19. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Wow, this looks awesome! But, is there any chance that you guys could change the name? Right now it sounds like some kind of platformer, or a puzzle game for that matter. 'Galaxy Pirate Adventure' definitely doesn't give off the vibe of a massive space shooter game.

20. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Yes, this is a good point. Normally, I wouldn't suggest for devs to change the name of their game well into the development process, but jumpman is absolutely right: the name kept me from clicking this thread for quite some time. I've seen few names that I suspect will have such a reverse effect on the intended demographic of a game as Galaxy Pirate Adventure.

(Also, the multiple stars around COMING SOON is probably not doing you much good, since a multitude of symbols is how scams, half-games and really cheap knock-offs usually announce their presence in TA's forums ;) )