Road blaster HD

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by somedumbgamer, Aug 24, 2013.

1. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Not sure if its any good but the old laser disc game road blaster HD is on sale for a buck. Can anyone recommend it? I'm low on storage which is the only reason I'm hesitating to pull the trigger

2. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    You can always delete it; and sometimes you just have to risk paying for crap.

3. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    $4.99 > $0.99 Sale!

Road Blaster HD

Don't miss out on the chance to own this piece of arcade gaming history!

They killed your wife and trashed you…
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Don't miss out on the chance to own this piece of arcade gaming history!

They killed your wife and trashed your town, now they gotta pay!! Road Blaster puts you behind the wheel in a mad max-style demolition driving game, controlling the actions of a lone vigilante out for revenge!

Whether cleaning the city streets of murdering thugs, careening around the insides of an office high-rise, almost mowing down sunbathers on the beach, avoiding being crushed by combine harvesters or barreling around underground sewers, the result is an edge of your seat roller-coaster ride of a game unlike anything else!

The Japanese anime cult classic arcade game of yesteryear as you've never seen it before! Lovingly reimagined by the creators of several critically acclaimed best-sellers including 'Gesundheit!', 'UFO on Tape', 'Karate Champ', 'Cobra Command', 'Banzai Rabbit' and many many more, so you know it's good for you ;)

Now let's roll! Those murderous scum aint gonna kill themselves ya know!

Top 100 Arcade Game on iTunes US, UK, Canada, Japan, Australia and 30+ countries.

Apple Featured New and Noteworthy, Impossible Games, Car Combat, Crash Courses, What's Hot, & Game Center Games.
    IGN - 8/10 Great!
    iPhoneItalia - Best Game of the Week
    PocketGamer - Bronze Medal Award

Gamer Feedback:
    "The last and best laserdisc title ever made!"
    "Plays like you'd imagine if Dragons Lair and Mad Max had a love child!"
    "Best FMV game I've ever played! Like Dragons Lair only with real gameplay and feeling of control"
    "the slickest arcade game you've never played!"
    "...shows off the Retina display and controls perfectly"
    "thx for the most fun I've had with my device yet!"

** Don't miss our other exciting games! **

Gesundheit! - the 2011 Game of The Year nominee enjoyed by over 3.5 million players.
    UFO on Tape - One of very few Apps in Apples own Essential Games Starter Kit.
    Karate Champ - Arcade Perfect Conversion of the all-time classic fighter, and 'BestEver Apps of 2010' Nominee (iPad and iPhone versions).
    Banzai Rabbit - Fantastic 3D Arcade Platformer, and former No#1 Adventure Game. Available for iPad and iPhone.

Gift This App: Click the arrow next to "Buy App" on the iTunes App Store.
    Follow us @RevolutionaryCo
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Adventure, Arcade
    Release:Mar 16, 2011
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (5)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Must get for $1 of those retro fans of this game, and Dragon's Lair or Space Ace days ;)

4. mrbiggles

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
  5. somedumbgamer

May 4, 2013
    Thanks for the great advice! Why didn't I think of that!

I wish we could standardize a particular font that could be recognized and used for sarcastic type statements.

6. somedumbgamer

May 4, 2013
    Thanks MrB! I may have to check it out

7. mrbiggles

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    #7 mrbiggles, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
    pull the trigger if your a lazer disc fan

If your a retro fan of this arcade game, and loved Dragon's Lair or Space Ace arcade days ;) like me a $1 is a steal! used some GE points to get to for free :D

got dragons lair and space ace for $1 sale and now got this, was on my wishlist for some time.

8. Endscrypt

Endscrypt Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Ohh bro this game is well good a dragons lair type laser disk game from back in the day, it's worth 99c all day long. Thnx for heads up!

9. somedumbgamer

May 4, 2013
    No prob. I'm downloading now:)

10. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    #10 Aventador, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
    Road Blaster has 9 adrenaline pumped levels ; gang that tries to kill you throughout whole game looks like biker gangs from Mad Max movie.Enemies range from cars and villains with obligatory metal spikes all over them ,long exhaust pipes on nearly every side and pointless metal grills all around vehicles to make them more badass ( usual 80s stuff ) , people that shoot at you with rockets, automatic rifles, some even try axe your old school air cooled turbocharger , helicopters shoot rockets at you, boats jump from lake to street trying to hack your car into half and so on, as I said ,usual 80s arcade stuff :)
    So yes, for 1 buck everyone remotely interested should buy this.

For people interested in (older) cars, there is Volkswagen mk1 cameo in game :

Attached Files:

11. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    If you don't like hard games and don't have quick reflexes, keep out!

12. somedumbgamer

May 4, 2013
    I am now even more stoked that I picked this up today!

13. jjjmedia

jjjmedia Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    One of the fun things about this game is seeing the different/funny ways you die if you miss the proper timing cue. Way over the top and really fun! Highly recommended if you haven't played it before.

14. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to grab this. If only Cliff Hangar (uses Lupin the 3rd cartoons) was available on ios.

15. mrbiggles

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    yes

damn forgot about that arcade game from my past ;) wish it was made to play!

16. VOGamer

VOGamer Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2011
    I already got Road Blaster (SD), but I really like these kind of game so I will bite on HD. Wish Time Gal was release too!

17. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    After playing this some tonight on my iPhone, I'm tempted to double dip and get the HD version for my future iPad.

18. dzkdes

dzkdes Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Just bought it, because reminded me of Initial D.

19. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I bought both versions, this is probably my favourite laser disc style game. Love mad dog mcree too though :D

20. AaronLee

AaronLee Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Interactive Designer
    Philadelphia
    I have this on the Sega CD (titled Road Avenger), and it's a great game even if you don't care for the QTE laser disc type games. The animations are fun and the events are exciting enough that it feels like an interactive 80's revenge action film in animated form.

That said, if you were a fan of the original and liked the classic intro song, I was told by the developer they couldn't get the rights for this version. Not a deal breaker, but feels a little less authentic without it.