Car Jack Streets: Forgotten but still awesome?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jarek, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Jarek

Jarek Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    FISHLABS Moderator
    Końskie, Poland
    #1 Jarek, Jan 31, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
    Dear TAers!

Lately I laid my hands on promo code on Car Jack Streets (by Tag Games).
    If someone wouldn't know it is free-roam driving, GTA-style game where You have to complete dozens of different missions and explore pretty big city.

To my mind - this game is awesome. Maybe it does not shock with graphic (which is 2D with 3D elements) but city size and variety of missions stick me to the iPod for long hours.

Whole story is rather simple: You have limited time to pay Your debt by big mafioso. To do it - You have to get different jobs: some simple and easy, some long complicated and hard. Thus, once You have to blow up a building and once drive and ambulance bringing injured to the hospital.
    Moreover, there are special missions where You can get something special: for example a tank or plane! But not for free, though.

Whole gameplay is decorated with nice sound system and hoppy soundtrack: music genre we are listening in the car (only there unfortunately) depends on class of car we are driving: in the pickup we'll hear country and in the sports hip-hop.

In addition, something some of You could have missed - Easter eggs! Developer has prepared players some fun by implementing undestroyable Knight Raider's car or clown walking on the street.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am curious about Your opinion, what experience do You have about this game? I know that now, when GTA: Chinatown was relased, nothing can beat this title, but to me every game has something unique to offer. So "Car Jack Streets" is.

Yours,
    Jarek

2. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    the game took too long to complete...and it rushes you to finish. I played it for 5 min before deleting

3. Jarek

Jarek Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    FISHLABS Moderator
    Końskie, Poland
    Yes, I was thinking in the same at the beginning. But I gave it a shot and I don't regret. There is no rush to pay the debt. I am already playing 5th day and no thugs are after me ;)
    I will post screenshots of two mentioned easter eggs in the minute.

4. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    no.no. GTA is WAY better, but they are both not the best game.

5. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    No it's remembered and rubbish!

Hated it.

6. Jarek

Jarek Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    FISHLABS Moderator
    Końskie, Poland
    Why do You say so? I know it is not 3D, does not have super quality music and many other additions. But it is cheap equivalent of GTA: CW.

7. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    CJS has horrible graphics, even for a 2D game, I think PayBack is better, even though there is no story.

8. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

I had three gripes about this game.
    1.the missions never change, the same stuff everyday.
    2. The buildings all look the same. You could be infront of a bar or a hospital and not know the difference. It makes the city seem less real
    3. The guns. No pistol? And the SMG was only burst, why??? Also there were only 5 gun from my last count (smg, shotgun, rocket launcher, flamethrower, grenades). There is no comparison to GTA in the amount of guns.

Overall the game was okay and I did beat it but then I just deleted it because there is no replayablity. I guess looking back though Payback would have been a better buy.

9. Jarek

Jarek Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    FISHLABS Moderator
    Końskie, Poland
    Thanks for the honest replies, at least.
    I like this game, although I had no chance to take a look at Payback.
    After all, I might have a sentiment - I have been playing this game on my old Java-enabled Sony Ericsson a few years ago...

10. GothamCity

GothamCity Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Italy
    i played it for a week or so..
    as you said,now that gta is out to me this game sounds like a more little one..
    but i enjoyed the time spend with it.it has imo nothing of particular originality (apart from the good implementation of the phone and it's timing) and it lacks in graphic..but after all it's a good "little" game..

11. sandy_1988

sandy_1988 Active Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Kolkata, India
    This game is quite good for first 4-5 days, then it becomes tedious. Same missions over and again make the game feel cheap after a while. I remember, after playing for 2-3 weeks (I was in the mood for finishing it), I got bored and started delivering cars to Kirk's and finished collecting the money in about two days. After that I did not bother to go back to the game.
    However, it is a perfect example of a phone GTA, as you can play a mission for just 5 minutes and go away.

12. No Hero

No Hero Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Yes, it is forgotten, and was awesome at the time. I myself found it fun, but I have stopped playing it. GTA: CW definitely covers this hidden gem.

13. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    It had the content, just nothing to bring me back.

14. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

GTA:CW > Payback = Gangstar > CJS

"=" = Just as good

15. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

i hated gangstar. it sucked so bad imo. way preferd CJS

16. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    CJS was way too repetitive and the graphics were bad.
    GTA: CTW is much better.

17. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I agree with that.

18. MichaelScott

MichaelScott Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Speaking like a true soldier. Gangstar sucks .

19. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

i know GTA chinatown wars is better than CJS, but i hate gangstar. the cars handled so freakin badly!

20. MichaelScott

MichaelScott Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    It borders in being broken. Cjs on the other hand is awesome, I revolutionary :)