Challenge Spam Madness

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by crunc, Nov 27, 2012.

1. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    First it was Extreme Road Trip 2 (which is a game I love). Now I'm getting challenges from Happy Street, a game I don't have and am now even less interested in getting. ERT2 was updated to make it explicit (pick who you want to challenge), which is better, although it doesn't have an option to limit the list to only those who actually have the game, and it should have that.

I can easily see this getting out of hand with devs using Challenge Spam as a means of advertising, and everyone getting inundated with challenge notification after challenge notifiication. Apple needs to put a stop to it. Challenges should be limited to only people who actually have the game.

2. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    I'm gettimg spammed by various games now.
    An option to accept or decline challenges for certain games via gamecenter would be the best way to treat this annoying feature.

3. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I started getting slammed with Happy Street (which I also don't have) challenges yesterday. This doesn't make me happy.

4. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I sent a spam challenge like this in Extreme Road Trip 2 before I realized that's what it did. I think that was the first game to do it. So I don't blame anybody for doing this when it isn't made 100% painfully obvious what it's going to do. That means more than just saying "All". It needs to warn you that this will go to all friends including those who don't have the game. Better, iOS shouldn't allow this to happen at all. Challenges should only go to friends who have the game (and only if it is actively in Game Center - if they deleted the app and removed it from GC, then they shouldn't get challenges for it), and there should be the option to block all challenges from certain games, or for all games.