Universal Junk Jack Retro (By Pixbits)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Deity X

Deity X Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Oh ok. I was looking on my iPhone and couldn't find it.

2. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

#22 nicodemus82, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
    Not for me it doesn't.

Also if you're searching for it from your iPhone/iPod you need to search JunkJack without a space ;)

3. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

Just bought it. I'm hoping this beats 'Crafted'. I really need a MineCraft game since my computer cannot withstand the power of simple OpenGL technology.

4. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Does the tap-to-dig mechanism get any better? (Or am I missing something?)

This game is going to aggravate my carpal tunnel...

tap-tap-tap-tap-tap-tap-tap-tap...

5. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    #25 ojtitus, Nov 7, 2011
    Nice, I was hoping this was going to hit the store soon. Downloading then off to enjoy the game.

6. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Once you get a "recipe" for a shovel it does. Definitely lots of tapping though!

7. dsigns

dsigns Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Anyone know if this is going to be Universal or should I wait for the iPad version?

8. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    n00b question- How do you place blocks? :eek:

9. jeanreno

jeanreno Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Brisbane, Australia
    For some reason I can't create a furnace, is it 8 stone with a torch in the middle? Or do I need to find the "recipe note" first?

10. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    I'm sad I didn't provide as much beta feedback as I planned to but can vouch that this is indeed a great game.

11. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    I believe you have to find the note first. I tried to as well based on the video but it won't let me, only things I found the recipes for.

12. hirschy75

hirschy75 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2009
    It depends how well the iPhone version does before they look at going into the iPad world. I'd say get it now

Put the block you want to place, like soil, into one of the quick slots on the right side of the screen. Then tap where you want to put it

Don't need a recipe note in order to build it. However I believe you do need to build a workbench and then be by that when you try to build your furnace

13. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Put something (like dirt) in one of the slots on the right, close your inventory, select the block and then tap on the screen.

14. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Not working for me. Bug? :(

15. dsigns

dsigns Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    I think ill wait. Nothing worse than buying a app only to find out the universal version comes out later.

16. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Ah, don't have the workbench yet so that must be my problem! I thought it was the actual note! So to make a metal item I have to create the anvil, place that out there somewhere, and then be by it to create the object?

17. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  18. hirschy75

Feb 9, 2009
    Most likely no. Never seen an issue like this. What are you trying to place?

Did you click the white cell on the the right with the block you want to place and then try to place it?

Well the Anvil is used to make some of the more powerful tools like gold pickaxes or whatever. But yes you have to create a workbench and then be within one block of that bench to build certain things that require a workbench (like most furniture pieces).

Same thing applies for using the furnace (using coal and metals to make ingots) and the anvil

19. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    #39 gwet17, Nov 7, 2011
    I was trying to place wood; yes, the white cell did appear. I think everything worked properly for about a minute before I lost the ability to place blocks. :confused:

Deleted and reinstalled- encountered same bug. :(

Is the wood an abnormal block. Probably so, I'm such an idiot, lol. Nevermind.

20. hirschy75

Feb 9, 2009