Star Serum

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by beefyclyro, Feb 8, 2012.

1. beefyclyro

beefyclyro Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Hey Everyone

Thanks for taking the time to look at my thread, I'm pleased to announce that hopefully in about a month i'll have my new game Star Serum wrapped up and would just like to show you some previews of it.

App Description;

*Strike back against the Arcon Allegiance in this epic Space Opera!*

They're dead… they're all dead…

You awake as if from a dream. Splinters in your mind, unclear, inaccessible, but for a few fragments..

A space battle above Iridis Alpha… the black void bursting with colour from laser blasts and explosions… a fierce ground assault on the planet below..

And your squad… all dead… because of you...

Then nothingness…

Until now.

One nurse is your guide on your journey back from the brink of death. She tends to your wounds for the sake of the Cine people in this long, bitter war agains the Allegiance…

Before you can once again fly into the fray, she helps you regain the skills you lost to amnesia...

Step by step she restores you to your former war-hero glory, as you regain your laser sword skills against flying drones; manoeuvre through asteroid fields in your starship; use your mind as a weapon and increase your telekinetic power…

Each stage provides a challenge, and if you're good enough, you'll be sent on your final most perilous mission: to return to Iridis Alpha and recover the Star Serum!

In the hands of the enemy it can be used as a terrible weapon. In your hands, it can lead to immortality...

This is your last chance for vengeance. This is your last chance for VICTORY!

Features:

*Five distinct game modes - easy to pick up - hard to put down!
    *A gripping comic book narrative maps your progress through the game!
    *Out of this world graphics!
    *Repeatable levels add variety and replay value!
    *GameCenter leaderboards - be the best in the cosmos!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks

2. beefyclyro

Jan 10, 2010
    #2 beefyclyro, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
    Got some more work done on this today, hoping to have this ready for the end of the month.

3. Wilbair

Wilbair Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Looks like a really nice game:)

Keep up the good work!

4. beefyclyro

Jan 10, 2010
    Thanks Wilbair ... Your comments are very much appreciated :)
    The game is still on course for the end of the month finish, just a few more things to cross off the list first.

I'll see if i can get a few more screenshots on later.

5. beefyclyro

Jan 10, 2010
    #5 beefyclyro, Feb 20, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
    This screenshot comes from a part of the comic graphics which map out the story of the game.

[​IMG]

This next screenshot shows the telekinetic section. Effectively you launch an orb and using swipe, can adjust its fall rate. You must clear all the droid targets! The camera is adjusting here to the height of the orb, the higher it goes, the more the camera zooms out to see more/all of the scene.

[​IMG]

Same as above but this time the orb is slightly lower during flight!

[​IMG]

Cheers

6. Bparker

Bparker Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    A beta tester at home
    Atlantic, IA
    I really like the screen shots art and concept look really nice.

I also really like all of the different game modes which I'm sure will keep me interested in the game for a long time.

Nice work on the game. I really like how its looking. Keep up the great work.;)

7. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Looks good. Any chance you'll make it universal?

8. beefyclyro

Jan 10, 2010
    Thank you very much Bparker .. It really is humbling to hear your kind words. The intention was to give the user plenty of game modes so they get the most value for money possible with this saga.

9. beefyclyro

Jan 10, 2010
    Hi Royce. Im glad you like the look of it, thank you for saying :) Unfortunately Star Serum will only be released for iPhone.

10. beefyclyro

Jan 10, 2010
    I have another screenshot for show :)

[​IMG]

11. Wilbair

Wilbair Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Any info on the release date yet?

12. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Looks like you're working in a lot of gameplay; impressive stuff! :)

13. beefyclyro

Jan 10, 2010
    @Wilbair - It will be submitted to Apple anytime soon. Then all going well in the review process, should take a feel or so.

@AnarKitty - Thank you so much for the kind words. I have tried to incorporate a wide array of gameplay for the user to get value for money. It has been a massive project but hopefully it shows off to the user. Their are 5 different core mechanic sections within the game and is accompanied by the comic story narrative. The Lightsword, Spaceship flying and dual stick, top down shooter section are all score based, so once completed, these are used as unlocks as well for a GameCenter section where you score as high as possible. Hopefully that gives added value and replay value for the user as well.

14. beefyclyro

Jan 10, 2010
    Here is the icon for 'Star Serum'

[​IMG]

15. beefyclyro

Jan 10, 2010