Universal Punch Quest - (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 24, 2012.

1. mdp7310

mdp7310 Member

Dec 15, 2012
    New personal best for me. I broke the half million mark. 49th all time now. I'm coming for you xcombox lol

2. XcomboX

XcomboX Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Take care of dogs & kick ass at games!
    Haha! Well while you continue your quest for me, I'm gonna have to try and take my rightful #1 spot back.

3. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Off topic- will you remove openfeint from all the hook games soon? It doesn't work anymore .

4. Wyllum

Wyllum New Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Hey guys, love PunchQuest and I wanted to tell you! I've been playing for a while now and lurking here for a few weeks off and on. I'm currently ranked around 59th overall so it's not exceptional, but not too shabby either!

I have an idea for the game, and it's a little retarded because I'm not a developer and I really have no idea what goes into it, but I think it's cool!

There are so many ways to customize play now that are, I think, underused. I think it would be fun to have challenges based on different combinations of abilities. I would like to see vague challenges that you kind of have to figure out. For example, there'd be a "Long Flight" challenge. You would have to figure out that if you combine Flying Fist with Hyper Fighting, you can coast through the air for 5+ seconds which would be the condition for winning. Or an "Air Mirror" challenge where you use Ki Blast and Flying Turtle to reflect a certain number of fireballs in the air.

Now these are super easy examples because they're combinations of different levels of powers. That means anyone can get them pretty much anytime very easily. Maybe they can be tier 1 challenges. What gets more interesting is the tier 2 challenges when you have multiple level 1's and 2's. Then you could have a "Raging Bull" challenge where you equip Ragevenge and Bull Rush, but the condition to win it is you have to get hit, but then do your rush so that your Ragevenge explodes while you're a bull. You could even have fun with including hats. A "Staying Alive" challenge would mean you have to both Discocut and Discodunk X-number of times while wearing the Afro hair and The Stache facial hair.

After a while, of course, there would be a list online of how to do it, but it would be a lot fun to try to figure out which combinations of powers to use. Maybe a challenge every week or something. We don't really need more Punchos as a reward, maybe additional Idols can be rewarded or body tattoos can be added.

I like the idea because it's similar to the challenges now. I like those because they force me to use other powers. Honestly, if I never HAD to change powers to finish challenges, I hardly ever would and the game would get boring fast. Constantly changing keeps it interesting, which these additional challenges would also do!

Incidentally, I would also love to see more general challenges based on the available powers for the same reasons I just mentioned. Discocut x-number of Skull Squid. Knuckle Circle x-number of enemies.

Ahhh. Now that I've written it down, hopefully that means it will no longer be rattling around my head!

5. Praymettin

Praymettin Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    10.000 punchos for gnome ascension?! REALLY? To hell with your new update!

P.S. : Seriously DO NOT download the latest update without grinding all the skills and some ultra hats. New mod is neat but not even nearly an excuse for reducing Gnome Gods to a "fistfull" of money!

6. XcomboX

Nov 4, 2012
    #1866 XcomboX, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
    Dear Kepa or Madgarden

I'm currently using super slayin hair and that's awesome.

BUT! If I could resemble Sho NUFF and have the red glow during my tier 3 move. That would be incredible!

I know it's a stretch, but i'm number one in the rankings!
    Pleeeease!! haha

7. Madgarden

Madgarden Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Galactic Game Creation Overlord
    Kitchener, ON
    Ultra Skullcracker will give you a red glow.

8. XcomboX

Nov 4, 2012
    But who uses skull cracker Madgarden??
    Not winners ill tell you that!! Ha
    The glow can't be put in clothes?
    Like the super saiyan hair?

9. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    Custom glow colour... sounds like a new 1,000,000 PUNCHOS item...

10. XcomboX

Nov 4, 2012
    Good god what have I done...

11. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    So, planning to add two new playable characters. Who/what would you like to punch stuff with?

12. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    I'd vote for Lexi from Mage Gauntlet, and either Whitebeard (because he's a wizard; I mean c'mon) or one of the orcs from MG (for a twisted, heart-wrenching story of madness and betrayal)

13. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Being we'd have to take the purchase-able items into consideration with the characters, I could see:

- A tall, skinny but ripped (male and female) I could see working good with all the hats, faces, hair, belts. Thin long legs with stronger upper body (maybe Muay Thai?).

- Sumo character (male and female) would be a cool and different body-type that I could see working with the current content as well (mind you this would be hilarious to see what people would come up with).

- Baby or kid (male and female) shorter, smaller, with just as much ass-kicking. Also, so we cover all body-types with the ones listed above.

* IAP Animal Pack: An angry Silverback Gorilla (Planet of the Apes or King Kong), Pissed-off Grizzly Bear (Panda as an alt color), Rhino, Elephant, Hippo, Ram, Godzilla, Werewolf, etc.. Would be a cool looking way of mixing in a different type of Avatar that could equip belts & hats.

* I liked the Sho' nuff comment above but you can make that look happen with more Glasses (especially the ones he wears in the movie, those are just epic), hats, hairstyles, belts, etc...

You guys pretty much have everything covered with a male and female character IMO. Just more customizable content would add a lot to what's already solid, or add wardrobe as buyable cosmetic items like shirts, pants, and boots so players can then fully customize to their hearts content (samurai, ninja, martial arts styles, boxing, robots, military, sports, famous movie character costumes, holiday themed wardrobe, etc...the options for wardrobe and added customization would be endless). This would make the game even more endless for collectors. Maybe even added perks for equipping full wardrobe of the same type? I don't know, just a thought... :)

14. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    Really all we can add are a couple of characters and a few more masks, due to the limitations of the Game Center high score data used for the avatars. So, the bodies will likely be a male and female, but something rather different than the current characters. Might post a few options in here in a bit.

15. Werebite870

Werebite870 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    Hookbot and a skeleton perhaps?

16. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    I like the way you think! Being a total geek for anything wizard, I second this suggestion. :)

I actually have my PQ character decked out in a wizard hat and white beard, so he's looking like Merlin on steroids (or I suppose the magical potion equivalent of steroids, lol).

Will these new characters alter game play at all? Or purely cosmetic?

17. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Oh man, an idea just popped in my head (usually never a good thing, but what can you do?).

Add in a new mode where you play as an Orc. Instead of busting through the castle door punching all the monsters, you run the opposite direction OUT of the castle, bashing human faces in the forest. Call it retribution mode, or something, heh.

Heck, even some of the same mechanics can be transferred over. Like how when skeletons die their skulls bounce ahead and hit other enemies, some humans can be holding apples they bounce ahead when you kill them.

Heck, you could turn it into a full blown sequel or an iap expansion, to be honest, with ultra axes and loincloths to collect instead of hats and belts, lol.

18. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Then I say a Gorilla & Bear (they would both fit in well in the intro with getting woke up abruptly and raging into a punch-spree). No need for male or female, they both can stand upright & use there arms intelligently (to punch in this case), and can wear hats/masks/belts. :D

19. XcomboX

Nov 4, 2012
    Streets of rage characters?

Axel, Skate or Shiva?
    Skates for shoes in general is an idea. Haha

20. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    What ever happened to that free to play game where u can play one a day for free and if u want to try a diff one u pay? I forget the name of it.