Victory At Sea strategy battle game for IOS

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ievilgames, Apr 12, 2013.

1. ievilgames

ievilgames Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Developer
    UK
    #1 ievilgames, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
    Update!

Although the Victory At Sea Kickstarter bid isn't up til May 1st we thought it would be a bit of fun to show you one of our pledge items for it. I love this one because a) you have to be feeling very rich and b) It comes with an telescope!
    Anyway no hard sell cos this one is more just a bit of fun, not expecting it to fly off the shelves once the KS bid starts!

[​IMG]
    Hi all,
    We wanted to tell you about Victory At Sea for IOS.

[​IMG]

It's based on a miniatures battle game by Mongoose publishing, who have also made Judge Dredd and Babylon 5 miniature strategy battle games.

We thought we'd let you know about it now, it's early days (no release date yet) but really interested in your feedback and chatting to you about it and getting you onboard from the beginning.

[​IMG]

So really if it's something you are interested in, any thoughts or opinions will be brilliant. We are aiming at getting Kickstarter funding for it soon so we can make it something really special. We want some meat in the game!

In Victory at Sea you play you get to;
    • pick which side you fight on, Axis or Allies.
    • build a fleet from a vast selection of real World War 2 ships.
    • navigate your fleets around the Atlantic, Pacific and the Mediterranean theatres of war and engage in real time epic naval combat.
    • All of your battles will be played over a long and detailed campaign.

Victory at Sea combines a simple touch control system with a large and detailed campaign that contains vast numbers of historically accurate ship variants, the likes of which have never been seen before on a mobile device.
    Victory at Sea will be easy to play but difficult to master, we want your help to do it.

We hope to add more details and a video as we go so please follow the thread and like I said it will be great to chat over it and get involved :) You can also find out more about it here.

2. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I won't contribute to Victory at Sea's Kickstarter, but I will buy it at launch, provided it is less than 200MB installed.

Why is the app real time, but the miniatures game presumably turn based?

3. Truncana

Truncana Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Wow I am excited for this game! If you need betatesting, I am in!

4. ievilgames

Dec 20, 2010
    Developer
    UK
    We wanted the game to flow, make a virtue of the 3D rather than just do a straight port. We felt that the miniature's turn based game is so good that we wanted the mobile game to bring something different to the table. No pun intended!

5. ievilgames

Dec 20, 2010
    Developer
    UK
    Thanks! Yeah we are very excited too! We have tried to make it for a while, we want everyone to get involved with feedback. We want this one to be great! Keep an eye on this and we will be posting more info and ways to get involved as we go!

6. Kedens

Kedens Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2013
    Graphic Design/Illustration
    Rochester, NY
    I'd rather see a game like this made turn-based... Real time strategies almost always fall flat and end up eliminating true strategic planning.. If the miniatures game is so great why not expand the audience and eliminate set up and player coordination steps that make tabletop games tough to squeeze in in real life... Just my thoughts

7. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Maybe offer the game as turn based with an optional IAP to enable RTS mode?

8. ievilgames

Dec 20, 2010
    Developer
    UK

It's good to hear your feedback, it is still early stage development so very few things are set in stone. We wanted to introduce a time slider, I have played this on an older Star Trek game and Total War and felt it worked really well, essentially you'll be able to slow down the time to get the strategy right and then speed up to move things along. We worried that a real naval combat would be quite slow as I have heard it called a battle in slow motion, the slider will allow players to play at usual speed or crank it up.

We love turn based strategies but wanted an authentic feel to this and believe the frantic nature of non turn based games lends itself more to Victory at Sea.

I do like the option to switch between turn based and rts. Do you think it would work almost like a turn based game if we just kept the slow speed?

But we will deffo consider all options!

9. ievilgames

Dec 20, 2010
    Developer
    UK
    It is a great idea. Definitely something to consider. Doing this on my phone so doesn't enable multiple quoting in replies!

10. donftps

donftps New Member

Apr 13, 2013
    me too,Wow I am excited for this game! If you need betatesting, I am in! thanks[​IMG]

11. ievilgames

Dec 20, 2010
    Developer
    UK
    Thanks! Yeah we will definitely be getting people involved. There are more details coming on how to get involved.

12. mac01

mac01 Active Member