Universal Indiana Stone: The Brave and the Boulder (by TwinSky Games) [Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by turakm, Mar 21, 2013.

1. comicx90

comicx90 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I had a dream I was being chased by a boulder WAY before I heard about this. Even weirder-- it was all pixelated o.o- Coincidence?

2. varoon

varoon Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Gamer :)
    London
    good one... I feel like going into the game for few min even after playing... lol...

3. mom-bow

mom-bow New Member

Apr 1, 2013
    I am having a blast playing this game. I just unlocked the tire. What fun bouncing around, haha! Not too many games out there that thank you for playing. Thanks TwinSky! Love it! :D

4. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I have been playing this game SO much! I absolutely LOVE IT! This game.... BEST RUNNER OF 2013 (so far).

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yours most definitely. Im pretty sure the majority of the world will choose TR Oz over this one. I love both games, but id also take TR Oz over this of i can only have one.

Im sure there are more runners that may beat TR Oz soon, but we are certain, that despite all that, Indiana Stone is simply one of the best runners right now.

6. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    So you would recommend TR: Oz? It looks ok, but I just am not sure.

7. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Indiana Stone -> Shadow Escaper -> Temple Run: Oz

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Shadow Escaper is good, but the timers kept me from playing non stop during the weekends. I am starting to hate anything with timers that dont let you play the game at all. Freemium model with all the grind with it, and then they add timers to prevent you from actually grinding. I really liked Shadow Escaper, but there are things keeping it from being good.

Temple Run Oz is just a cookie cutter formula, but is a much, much improved version of TR2 (which i think is a step back from TRBrave, but friends who arent big gamers really, are against that idea). TROz is definitely the best in the series now.

As for my point in what the world will prefer more, it's the mashup of the ever popular TR title and the Oz tie in that will secure it's place.

Indiana Stone is a new entry... Fresh formula, perfect execution.

But it's too fresh to be recognized right away. God forbid, but i have to state the fact that premium titles dont get as much exposure without much advertising. Giving away a game for free guarantees more than half the population will notice it, and once recognized, it's sequels and spinoffs are going to sell well, most especially in all TR title's cases, where there's always an improvement on each installation.

Im sure with better exposure, iStone will be better recognized... But the harsh reality is that a $3 gem can suddenly belong in a hidden gems list, unless it goes down in price or goes free. It's a harsh reality, but one we cant ignore. Even the people in TA show that they wont spend more than a buck for a game unless the general consensus is a good one.

I really hope Indiana Stone becomes greatly popular, and that people left and right play it and talk about it, but until then, it wont beat the monster that is TROz right now.

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #149 Exact-Psience, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
    Check the TROz thread... Almost no one picked it up because it was at a buck, when they know other TR titles are free, and some think it was just going to be another TR title. But after anyone got a chance to pick it up, there's nothing but praise. Imangi has been at this so long, that the improvements glitter at first glance.

Also, there too much to do ingame, which extends replayability much and has received so much positive feedback, they even had to implement thesame additions to TR2.

As for gameplay comparison, comparing TROz and IStone is pretty pointless, as both are a class of their own, and are top notch games in so many levels. My advise is to get both, and enjoy both.

10. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Alright, thanks for the advise, guys! Downloading TR: Oz right now. Thanks again!

11. Twinsky

Twinsky Member

Mar 21, 2013
    FYI, I just now uploaded version 1.0.1 for Apple's approval. I moved the pause button and fixed a few of the minor bugs that have crept up. This version should also help those who have had crashing issues, though I can't tell if it will resolve all instances.

Please let me know if you notice anything strange happen. I'll be sure to keep a close eye on these forums.

Tanx for playing!

12. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Still love to play this! Wish it would get some more attention! It really deserves it! Any plans for more content? I still have one or two challenges to complete, but then I'm out of stuffs! D:

13. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Finished! Now onto the endless level and the two challenges left (pyramid and the last one)...

Good: A completely amazing and unique take on the behind the back runners, bringing it a lot of fresh air as you play as the boulder, and its done in a glorious 9bit style. Amazing power ups (the one you get after crushing 5 of the same type, specially with the barrel its incredibly fun). Perfect controls that fits the game and are tuned to perfection. Tilt and tap to jump. Great sfx that enhances the experience even more.
    No IAP at all, and its better than that, its oldschool as you unlock new boulders and modes (plenty of both) in the old fashion way: playing without grinding. No coins, just objectives and big rewards.
    A complete package on its own, with 4 different modes, lots of boulders to unlock, different locations to discover, 3 difficulty modes, a great and funny story togo with, good twisted sense of humor, full GameCenter integration, alternative endings,... I could go on and on and on and on...

Bad: NOTHING.

Rating: 5 out of 5. Truly fantastic.

Conclusion: A iOS classic. One of the few games that really deserves the fifth stars. Made it into my Top All Time iOS Games.

I give a lot of 5 star ratings, but most of those are really a 4.5, but since TA doesn't have that option, I end up giving a 5 instead of a 4, but these below and only them are my true 5 stars list:

Tilt to Live
    Super Crossfire
    The Last Rocket
    Gesundheit!
    Jetpack Joyride
    Monsters Ate My Condo
    Rayman Jungle Run
    Blast-A-Way
    Bastion
    Tentacles: Enter the Dolphin
    Badlands
    -> Indiana Stone: The Brave and the Bold <-
    They Need To Be Fed 2

(They Need to Be Fed 2 may end up here permanently, its too awesome, perfect twitching gravity platformer with style)
    (Ski Safari: Im burned. Rockets and boosts plus the new avalanche speed killed it for me)

14. mom-bow

mom-bow New Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Beat Doom Moon Challenge!!

Well I finally beat the Doom Moon Challenge and I must say it was "challenging" but...so rewarding to finally get it. All this training should help me beat the Doom Moon level in the Hard Story mode.

I went on to unlock the last challenge and have a score of 306100 on the Leaderboards. Everything is unlocked. LOVE my new boulders! I won't give anything away but you gotta get 'em! So funny!

Now off to beat that Doom Moon level in Hard Story mode.

15. laszlo_kovacs

laszlo_kovacs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Well, I just lucked out and hit Super POW mode while simultaneously hitting the Death Moon warp. It seemed like several minutes (at least 2 or 3) of just plowing along racking up a high score. Fantastic!

16. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    YES! Istone made it into the new "Fun runners" category on the AppStore! I can't think of any game more deserving! (Except maybe Polara)

Attached Files:

17. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    I also jumped ship from Giant Boulder of Death for the same reason and am finding Indiana Stone to be tremendously satisfying so far.

18. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Some very # memories

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    One of the best premium arcade runners even to this day. Anyone looking for some fast paced fun runner arcade stuff and doesnt have this one yet, do so.

Imma reinstall this for kicks. Thanks for the thread bump man! :)