GeoDefense Swarm Strategies here

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by skyye06, Sep 15, 2009.

1. MarkMark

MarkMark Member

May 6, 2010
    My approach to Geo Swarm

First, let me say that Geo Defense swarm is one heck of a great game, one of my favorite for the iPhone. Don't misinterpret my comments below as "the game sucks."

But one of the things I don't like about this tower defense game is the multiplier. When creeps die close to the exit, you get a bigger multiplier and consequently a bigger score.

Personally, this translates to me as "the less well you design your level, the more likely you are to get a high score." Getting a high score involves letting creeps get close to the exit, racking up a hugh multiplier, then finishing the level to get a high score. Again, this 'feels' like the game is rewarding poor defense or 'procrastination.' I guess I'm just not into that aspect of the game yet.

But what I do like doing is replaying the level trying to avoid leaking any creeps at all. So I replay the levels until I find solid solutions. By solid, I mean solutions that are never likely to get high scores because they kill all the creeps keeping them far away from the exit.

So after playing Skippy's Revenge for the 50th time, I finally had a epiphany! Why the heck do I insist on thinking symetrically...

Behold my breakthrough.

Attached Files:

2. MarkMark

MarkMark Member

May 6, 2010
    My 'solid' solution to chromosome.

Attached Files:

3. alhyatts

alhyatts New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Suggestions?

So I finished geo defense and swarm... LOVED it... Any suggestions on other awsome tower defense games for ipod touch?

4. Selig

Selig New Member

Apr 5, 2010
    My strategy for H10 "Crazy's 88", i lost this level with 3.273 billion =)

Enjoy !

[​IMG]

5. voluntaryist

voluntaryist New Member

May 16, 2010
    Has anyone completed "Triple-U" without letting ANY creeps through? I can complete the level relatively easily, but I always let at least one creep through.

6. nsxdavid

nsxdavid Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Multiplier Explaination (from Dev)

Speaking as the guy who made the game... (grin)

So the thing is... this is a classic risk vs. reward thing. The multiplier is more when you take on greater risk. Killing a creep really early has no risk that it'll slip through by the hair of its chinny chin chin. But if you have to control your damage dealing so that things die really close to where they can slip through... that takes much more skill. And hence why the multiplier bonus for that.

-- David

7. napouser

napouser Member

Jul 26, 2010
    easy 10 endless lvl 150

[​IMG]

easy 10 endless level 150
    can any1 post an image that can beat this?

8. a_morti

a_morti New Member

Jul 26, 2010
    I like this idea, but take it further. Sell all the lasers - what use is a base level laser anyway? Two rockets at the entry, one thumper they have to circle around, fenced in by 2 more thumpers so they have to go up, and a selection of rockets near the exit. You should be able to get the rockets to level 6 and the thumper to level 7 before creeps even reach them.

9. xaphanea

xaphanea New Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Quadnauseum?

This is the only level that continues to elude me. :$ This is also the only level with which I require some advice. :( Has anyone beaten it yet?

10. xaphanea

xaphanea New Member

Nov 26, 2009
    #230 xaphanea, Nov 7, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
    Lol of course as soon as I ask for help, I actually beat the frigging level. ^_^ For anyone else stuck on it, here's what I did. It's hard to see because of the fireworks (the game was probably like FINALLY she beat it!), but I did the rows of green towers closest to the start first. Then I did the rows of green towers closest to the ends of each row. As soon as I had enough I built the four blue towers, and then the four thump towers. I fully upgraded the thumpers, and then upgraded the lasers as quickly as I could. I concentrated mostly on the bottom left tower, because the layout of the leftmost lane doesn't allow the creeps to get hit from two sides, so it's the most vulnerable. :D Finally!

Attached Files:

11. hulkling

hulkling New Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Hey people, can someone please post a guide to Reactor - Stripes? This level has been killing me for months now. I tried the solution mentioned earlier in the thread but i can't seem to make it work for me...

12. dennis.p

dennis.p New Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Hulkling - I think we're a little late to the party. Doesn't seem like anyone's been discussing Swarm for a while now. I can't do stripes either. I've also decided I think Crazy Ivan is not possible on the iPhone 4. I found a video online showing someone w/ an iPhone 3G getting through it without losing a life. I've tried his strategy (exactly the way he's played it - I played along w/ the video) and it doesn't work on the iPhone 4. I know this sort of thing has happened w/ Critical Thought's games before (it used to be that Geodefense's Sneaky Snake was not beatable on the iPhone 4, but was easy to beat on an older model phone).

If anyone knows how to beat Crazy Ivan on an iPhone 4 please let me know!

13. Shadowhealz

Shadowhealz New Member

Apr 12, 2011
    You can defeat triple u without losing any lives simple by using all laser towers for your path and then upgrading the towers near the end.

14. xmen171

xmen171 New Member

May 31, 2011
    Good grief! Thanks!

I've been insanely repeating the same set-up over and over again. Thanks for the solution.

15. Ghost1y

Ghost1y New Member

Jul 29, 2011
    Hey, would it be possible for you to post a level by level sort of thing in pictures? I am stuck and cannot beat this level, even trying to implement your strategy.

16. Ghost1y

Ghost1y New Member

Jul 29, 2011
    No activity!

Hey, guys, while i just joined recently, just reading your posts helped me through a bunch of rough patches, but what happened? It just kind of died one day! I enjoyed it and since having to fully restore my phone it deleted all my old progress and need to play these levels again. So to make a long story short, I'm gonna need help from you guys!

17. Kleibo1901

Kleibo1901 New Member

Jul 29, 2011
    Hey Guys,

thx for the help on some levels that made me cry for a couple times :)
    Now I'm stuck on Stripes and i don't know what else to do. Would be nice if someone could share his strategy

18. Llama

Llama New Member

Mar 10, 2011
    Personally I don't think it's even possible to make it. I read somewhere (prolly in this topic actually) that it was possible with iphone3 and the ios versions present then - but not anymore. Although that was probably just another personal opinion just like mine...

Too bad this isn't being developed anymore, I would have loved to get some new neverending levels :(

19. Zawooo

Zawooo New Member

Sep 29, 2011
    #239 Zawooo, Sep 29, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
    STRIPES!! Solution!

No picture as i did the level ages ago(just did it again and took a screen shot will upload if anyone needs it)

Its pretty easy once u know how to do it.

Creeps need two paths,

1. Down the 2nd column and one down the 6th
    2. Don't use any laser towers just the green ones to make the path and the rocket towers
    3. You need to keep buying and selling a green tower so you channel the creeps down one column then they need to backtrack to the other column

GL

20. globalist

globalist Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Guys, seriously, I know I'm very late to the party, but how on earth do you beat medium level Home Base on hardcore? I've seen some strategies but they're all from 2009 and I'm thinking he must have tweaked the difficulty since then because none of them can get me past wave 34.

Any recent strategies or advice?

Many thanks!