Installing an IPA sent by someone else

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Skillmaster19, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Skillmaster19

Skillmaster19 Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    A friend of mine sent me an ipa of a free game that's currently only out in canada, but whenever I try to install it it says it isn't authorized. Is there any way around this? I'm not trying to pirate as the game is free I just can't download it because it's only out in Canada :(

2. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Afraid not....You will have to log in with your friend's account on your pc. You can probably explore the option of editing the plist?

Why not just create a Canadian account? You don't need a credit card to do so if you are downloading a free app.

3. Skillmaster19

Dec 9, 2010
    it wont let me download the app on the canadian account I made without putting in credit card info :/ I think they changed it

4. violentv

Nov 4, 2010
    Try doing it by redeeming a promo code of a...less popular app/game. That was how I created a UK account a couple of months ago.

5. Skillmaster19

Dec 9, 2010
    It says you need a gift card or credit card info though?

6. violentv

Nov 4, 2010
    Even when you are trying to create an account via redeeming a game/app through a promo code? >.>

7. DemonJim

DemonJim Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    App Developer
    UK
    Another idea (probably not the easiest, mind!) is how about appealing to the developer to release it outside Canada? There should be a way to contact them on their website, which should be linked from the game's page in iTunes (when viewing the Canadian store, naturally).

If they are a small indie outfit they will probably either seriously consider releasing worldwide, or will at least give you a good explanation why they can't.

8. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    I keep an account in the USA store to download free stuff. I could also use gift cards there but I do my shopping on the Uruguayan store (Brazilian sucks, not all games are there) because the USA store won't accept a Brazilian international credit card. For examples, Facebook Camera and Micromedex (a drug reference) are free and not available in other stores around here so I use my US account to get them.

I even got Rage HD when it went free, no need to enter credit card info on other store if you use a zip code from there. Go to the canadian store with a new email, use a Canada ZIP and you can get the free stuff.

Installing stand alone IPAs just by double clicking them, only if you jailbreak.

9. Skillmaster19

Dec 9, 2010
    NVM! got it to work. Thank you so much :)