CocosDenshion - Sound plays on simulator, but it does not on device using speakers

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by thisissudoku, May 25, 2011.

1. thisissudoku

thisissudoku Active Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Hi.
    I'm having trouble with one file only using SimpleAudioEngine. I do the same as all other files and the only one I'm having trouble is with this one.
    The sound plays well on simulator, but it doesn't even play on device. The weird thing is that it plays if using headphones.
    I have done the following, and still getting the same result:

1. Check letter case of file's name. The name is correct.
    2. Deleted the app from the device, clean build, built for the device and ran on it.

Have you ever faced this issue?

2. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    did you tried to crank up the sound with the hardware buttons?

if i recall right headphones and speaker have seperate settings

3. thisissudoku

Mar 5, 2011
    Yes, I did. But would that settings affect to all the files? I'm getting this error with just one file.
    Thanks for your reply.

4. nyarla

nyarla Well-Known Member

Is it a really low (as in bass frequencies) sound? If so it could just be that it's inaudible over the iPhone speaker...as in, it *is* playing, but the speaker itself can't reproduce such a low sound.

Seems the most likely thing if you can hear it with headphones but not on speaker..

5. thisissudoku

Mar 5, 2011
    That was it! This is also a great heads-up for future sounds. Thank you very much.