Repulze by Pixelbite

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by awp69, Apr 6, 2013.

1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Full version including all three phases on iOS has been released on Android. Price: $2.99

But my question, and hope the Pixelbite guys see this thread since they're active on these forums, is why isn't it compatible with the Nexus 7, one of the most popular Android tablets? Thought about double dipping (already have it on iOS) since I'd love it on a bigger screen.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pixelbite.Repulze

2. Pixelbite_Games

Pixelbite_Games Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Game Developer
    Helsingborg, Sweden
    We think we have a solution for the Nexus 7 issue, and should have it fixed by next week. So feel free to double dip then. :)

/The Pixelbite guys

3. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    Picked it up like a shot, and I don't regret it - Pixelbite, you guys are arguably the best in the arcade racing genre on mobile, IMO, and it runs really well on a Nexus 10. Some stuttering, but nothing that really interferes with play.

I could nitpick a few design decisions, same as with the original iOS release. Getting "no collisions" by just driving slowly round and round the course failing all the polarity gates feels like a cop-out, but why bother trying any other way? Ramming X amount of vehicles feels like something of a crapshoot when precise navigation is this tough - miss one drone car and you've pretty much failed the challenge. And so on, and so forth.

Still, none of this is remotely game-breaking - this is easily the closest anyone's come to repeating the sheer white-knuckle adrenaline rush of Wipeout on a phone or tablet. I've been clutching my Nexus so hard at times my soft, girly-man palms still hurt. :D If anyone on this forum couldn't run this on iOS but has an Android device up to the job, get it, get it, get it.

EDIT: I double-dipped, just to mention, as it ran fairly well on my iTouch 4G but I wanted to see it on a bigger screen and (as far as I can tell) with more visual details. Not disappointed in the slightest.

4. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I've a Nexus 7 and will be waiting for this. Thanks for making it compatible.

5. Pixelbite_Games

Pixelbite_Games Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Game Developer
    Helsingborg, Sweden
    The update is available now! Added support for Nexus 7 and several other new Android devices.

6. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    We have been horribly, terribly spoiled with Repulze over on the iOS side. I've been playing for months and still can't believe this level of quality and fun is ON MY PHONE.

Buy this now, Android friends!