What is the best MINI golf (putt putt golf) game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by don_k, May 28, 2009.

1. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Hi,
    I love Putt Putt Golf on my old Sony Ericsson mobile and I'm looking for a good mini golf game for my iPhone. I've tried Mini Golf 99 holes lite and Pocket Mini Golf lite. The 99 holes is quite laggy and though it looks good, the framerate is not. Pocket Mini Golf suits me perfectly, it's easy to pickup and play. I'm just wondering if there's any better games?

2. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

i think office golf is the best. maybe i'm a little biased because I like the office, but it also plays very well.

3. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    hmm.. can't find office golf :confused:

4. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Try "THE Office Golf"

Jchampl, is it really worth the $2? I only ask because the graphics look very dull/cheap in the screen shots. How are the controls?

5. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    No luck.. maybe not out in australian appstore?

I saw it on appshopper.com and from the screenshots, it looks like I prefer Pocket Mini Golf.

6. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Oh, that's possible.

I also have Mini Golf Ace. It's OK. Nice controls. Not a lot of holes though. I think it's just a single 18 hole course, IIRC. Graphics are clean, but kind of "sterile" - not your typical mini golf colorful theme course.

My only real complaint is with the accelerometer based aiming and panning. Sometimes it can get a little out of control. I can give it a limited recommendation if you like what you see (and hear).

7. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    yeah.. I don't really like the graphics. It's too bland. Plus I don't like accelerometer control except for a few games.

If only 99 holes has better framerate..

8. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I feel you. I wanted to get Mini Golf Classic Course, but it's accelerometer based. I wish there was at least a lite to try out the controls.

9. BSEJames

BSEJames Active Member

Nov 2, 2008
    This is no longer the case. Version 1.1 adds new touch based controls. There is a new settings menu which lets you switch between the different input methods. Hope you give it a shot!

-James

10. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    EA is coming out with Mini Golf like for the regular click-wheel iPods. Can't wait for that one! :D

11. lazrhog

lazrhog Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Software
    UK
    Try downloading Neverball/Neverputt for Mac or PC from http://neverball.org/download.php. If you like the Neverputt mini golf game, then I have ported that to the Appstore for $0.99. It has 159 holes.

Link should be in my sig

cheers,
    Laz

12. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Yes, you nailed it. Mini Golf Ace's controls themselves are quite well done, very intuitive and once you get the hang of it you can really judge your power and distance. But the graphics are just that, sterile. And the lack of holes kind of sucks, I'd love to see this game get fleshed out some more. I'm not crazy about using the accelerometer for changing the camera angle, I'd love to see an different option for that. The touch controls for actually shooting are great though. Still a pretty fun game, I bought it for a buck and thought it was worth it.

13. farley

farley Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Where'd you hear that? :eek: :D
    Got a link?

14. mrholder

mrholder Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Pocket Mini Golf 2. You can unlock new courses, etc.

15. swarmster

swarmster Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    I'll second Neverputt. Between the iPod and Mac versions I've sunk many hours into the game. Only downsides are it doesn't remember where you were if you quit in the middle of a round, and there's no 'low scores' list for the courses. Still, a fun game with nice aesthetic and good number of holes.