The TribeZ (game play discussion)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by girlpower, Apr 21, 2012.

1. GypsyGirl

GypsyGirl New Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Tried rebooting

Yep and yep. :( I looked on the Facebook page and the App page. Apparently many folks are having this issue. I hope it's resolved quickly! I don't want to reinstall and lose all my progress. :mad:

2. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hi Epsi....well I'm not sure about the new quests on First Island, yes the road is one I have just done....but since the new update, my quest column is so full, it's making my head spin....so many achievements also, but as Rothgarr mentioned they haven't carried over to GC achievements.

I wish I could see all your Islands too :(
    It's great to be able to visit GC friends Islands....yeah I don't know how to load a screehshot on here either....er um Rothgarr are you listening...you seem like a savvy person who could help :D

Well my fav is my first , cause its my only accessible one thus far haha.
    I like how it looks now, but as I progress I feel like its going to end up crammed to be able to fit everything in :(

Maybe go slow on this new Island otherwise you will be finished before the next update hehe.
    My ghost plane is still there and before bed I sent 4 of them to explore for 8 long hours, so better go check they haven't dismantled the whole plane and all I am left with is a pile of rubble....(oops, I shouldn't say this) :eek:

3. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Aww, that's not good....hope it's fixed quickly....no, I have already reinstalled mine once, don't want to do it a second time and I had just done a few things on Island 2, so that was hard enough.

I am not on Facebook, but can you visit other friends Islands?

4. hazlitt

hazlitt Member

May 23, 2009
    #84 hazlitt, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
    Marble on Island of The Ancients???

Hey All
    As of today's latest update there a FORTH island has appeared and a number of improvements, including "Paradise Island type of achievements/medals and a number of new buildings and quests. There's also friend connection (under the Info icon, > Invite a friend). My code is PPMU66. I'm on level 34 and explored all three islands. The quests have become pretty weak .... eg "go to the Marble Ford... and come back".

My islands are pretty full up with buildings and my warehouses also. I'm not too keen on upgrading the warehouses by spending ten crystals on each, (Ow!) so I've built a dozen or so of them.

My question is ..... How can I get marble on the Island of the Ancients (the first island) so I can build Villa's and theaters, etc. Seriously they dont expect me to buy all the marble needed from the in-app store??! Is there a way I have missed that lets you transfer resources amongst islands??

Thanks in advance!
    Chris.

5. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hi Chris and welcome :)
    I may not be of any help here as I am only lvl 18 (after starting over again), but until one of the advanced posters sees your question and WILL be able to help....could this be because you need to build the marble pit on the second Island first? I know it can't be build on the first Island but maybe once it's built on the second one, it can be used or transferred to the first.....sorry probably way off track here but there must be a way otherwise the others would have already had something to say about this......

Keep checking back, hopefully one of them will have read your post.
    Good luck and hope you keep us informed of your progress ;)

6. Randall14

Randall14 New Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Stone mill

Need advice. I am stuck on the stonehenge quest as i need cut stones. Still waiting for the stone processing mill quest to appear with the hammers to get them. Is it a bug? I am level 23 and had the quest for the lumber mill ages ago...

7. Epsi

Epsi Member

Apr 25, 2012
    #87 Epsi, Apr 29, 2012
    Hey Chris and welcome, I have always wondered that about the first island. As far as I know there is no way to get marble there except spending gems to get it, seems a good ploy by the developers to get people to buy gems.

One thing I did get was a quest on the second island and a blacked out building appear, luckily where I didn't build, but not sure if there was one on the first island as I had build everywhere the same as you (who knows, could even be a marble pit LOL!)

Sorry couldn't be anymore help, but I'm not sure if anyone knows here. Also added you, and here is my friend code for anyone wanting to add me ready for the "friend patch" - WC11M4

EDIT - Just had a thought! There is that new function of a store warehouse for buildings? Well tbh I'm not that sure what it does, I just know that it costs 15 Gems to unlock the first slot. So maybe if you can store buildings, you could technically move them between islands? As I said, I'm not sure on this, it's just a thought

8. Epsi

Epsi Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Isn't the quest for the hammers got from enemy monsters, was a long time since I've done that. If it is and no monsters are appearing, you will probably find that it is a bug, and I would suggest contacting the support team for TribeZ. Maybe someone else has any more information?

9. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Finally got to the third island this morning, at level 34. I've got around 800k coins so I think I could go ahead and unlock all the territories but I think I'll wait to unlock them as quests require. One oddity after the update is that on island 2 a pig farm and a stone mill appeared where previously I had not built them...

@Epsi, I also got the build large roads quest on the first island -- that's the only new one that opened up for me.

@Epsi/Jaz, same here. I'm already fixing the statue and I have a quest telling me to buy that land area

@GP, re posting a screenshot... first you'd need to take a screenshot from your iPad. You could use the game's built-in function but it crops so much out of the picture. I'd just press the home and power button at the same time, then email yourself the picture that it saves to your photos. get the image off the ipad (you could email it to yourself, and upload it to a free image hosting service (like imageshack, tinypic, etc.). Then you can use the forum's "Insert Image" button to post your screenshot (or might be better to link to the image since the image will be quite large...)

@Hazlitt, I don't think you are expected to build villas and theaters on the first island. So I don't think you need the marble. Unless you just want to fill up space or something.

10. Mmclowes

Mmclowes Active Member

Mar 10, 2012
    New York
    I'm in...

Couldn't resist, so I downloaded yesterday...only at level 9, so nothing of note to post ... But enjoying already!

11. oso

oso New Member

Apr 29, 2012
    #91 oso, Apr 29, 2012
    Ship on 2nd island

What is the best way to get to the wrecked ship on the 2nd island. I don't have near enough money to expand out anyway, but wanted to take best route when I do.
    Thanks!

12. Epsi

Epsi Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Firstly welcome to you both and mmclowes I'm sure you will find the game very addictive lol.

Also oso, I can't remember too much about that, but all I remember is that you should follow the wall around the ship's location, and plan it that way, I remember that I didn't and I brought the wrong territory first and had to wait and save for enough money to buy the right one.

Actually I'm a little jealous of you both really, as you will be able to level and complete all the achievements as you go. Anyway I'm sure you will find this a very good game, and very addictive. Have fun :)

13. Rothgarr

Dec 19, 2010
    I think you have to go through two land areas to get to the ship as I recall. Just build up the shaman huts on the first island. I think I have eight of them there and there's never a shortage of cash.

14. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yay.....another converted DV fan :D
    If you have a read through earlier posta here (minus my ghost plane rants of course) cough cough, you will pick up some really good advice to help you on your journey......definitely addictive, shame we can't gift gems on this one.

Let us know how your are progressing ;)

I am now on lvl 19, so getting closer to my original status....I like my Island layout better this time (so far) just sticking to two dinosaurs this time....after seeing how much food they eat, but they sure are great at eating those bad guy marauders....:D

15. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    thanks Rothgarr, I will have to look into image shack or photo bucket?
    Congrats on arriving at your third Island....good stuff

Just want to say a big thanks to you and Epsi for regularly posting and helping the rest of us with great advice and tips....so helpful for any new players/posters should they take the time to read through previous posts....hopefully they will skip my long winded previous ones. You are included in this too Jazbo (maybe shes gone AWOL) :p

Now on lvl 19, so getting there slowly but surely and my ghost plane is still there...I even got bold enough to put my three bath houses around and behind the site, (held my breath) phew, and made sure I backed up the app via iTunes first...:D

16. Mmclowes

Mmclowes Active Member

Mar 10, 2012
    New York
    Thanks Girlpower! Looking forward to the same great advice you give in DV forum!

17. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Thanks for the shaman shack advice. I am definitely going to take this to heart. :D I've started the second island and find it frustrating. So back to the first island for me to boost up :p

18. Rothgarr

Dec 19, 2010
    Oh, and Aurora is really hot.

Someone had to say it...

19. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    I'm here, I'm here, stop nagging!!! Family dinner, trip to the cinema, work, all taking up my precious DV and Tribez time!!! It's just not on!!

Well GP, well done for not making your plane disappear this time, I'm very proud of you! :D :D just remember, you've got a ship and a UFO to come, tiptoe around them! That's the last time I'll tease you, I promise, my lips are sealed from now on :D

I'm finding level 3 very slow, not a bad thing, but just more time consuming. They want you to build so much and I just don't want to chop down all my palm trees, they look so nice! Lots of UFO searching so that takes time to. Could really do with a week off work........... :p. really want to get to that 4th island!

For level 3 you need LOTS of food, so I've got 4 pig farms so far and they are in constant use. One berry bush will not get you very far! And don't forget my previous advice, don't rush to dig up all the treasure chests straight away. Get more warehouses first!

That's all I can think of for the moment! Will come back soon! :D

20. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Welcome to the world of Tribez! Nice to see you here :D