Any Professor Layton type games on the iPhone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by eya0, Aug 25, 2009.

1. eya0

eya0 Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I was wondering if there was any games similar to Professor Layton on the DS. I just noticed that the newest one just came out yesterday, and how awesome it would be to get one on the iPhone. I feel like the controls would cross over nicely and its "casual" enough to be played on the go with the iPhone.

2. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Layton is indeed awesome, but I doubt we'll ever see a game of that quality on the iDevices. (It requires insane production values to make a game like that)

3. 99Games

99Games Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    New Udupi, India
  4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Jim & Frank Mysteries is such a game - highly recommended!

5. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Jim & Frank Mysteries looks like the closest you will get to it, though I haven't played it for myself.

But Simon Graham and the Extraordinary Timepiece is easily recommended from me. I have played that one, and I really like it, though it's a bit simplistic in the story department. Layton is, too, but there's a deal of complexity to the Layton stories that this game does not have...

I still recommend it, though ;)

6. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Why haven't you played it?

7. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Because I've had other games to play and make progress in that have taken much higher priority? Does it matter?