Eliminate Vs. Modern Combat Vs. NOVA?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by DawnStarWarrior, Nov 19, 2009.

1. DawnStarWarrior

DawnStarWarrior Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Eliminate has held many servers with thousands of people playing and decent gameplay with some stunnin works and graphics. However... Gameloft has promised the online update of Modern Combat before Christmas, with death match and Team deathmatch and Nova is also scheduled for release this season with promised online gameplay. All these games WILL or already have Online FPS modes. I think Nova or Modern Combat will be a better online play because they will all be about skill, not about who has the best dress up doll and who can afford to be more "Dominant" over the other play with real $. Graphics in Nova also seem ALOT smoother than Eliminate. Against Modern Combat, The graphics in Nova are from what ive seen pretty much similar. So what's your say in this? Call of duty like online play vs. Halo online play, Vs. The iPod's excusive FPS that hasn't failed us yet Eliminate?

Keep track on the new update of Modern Combat:
    http://twitter.com/modern_combat

Follow Gameloft in important news for Nova:
    http://twitter.com/gameloft

2. RoyalCanadian

RoyalCanadian Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    another lame VS thread? make up your own mind

3. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Nova looks like it will top all FPS games, but until it is released and we can play it nobody can say for certain. Right now I'll pick Modern Combat and COD Zombies over Eliminate any day...

4. Kerrby

Kerrby Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Australia
    Eliminate isn't even good, what's all the hype about it?

It's crap!

Lets hope MC is a lot better.

5. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    eliminates not half bad, but it doesnt have depth. And people refuse to learn the controls and just bitch about it on the appstore (and toucharcade *look one post above*)

6. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Yeah I don't really get all the hype on Eliminate either. It's alright but not near as good as you would be led to believe. MC is a much better FPS than Eliminate is even without having multiplayer. If they do add that then Eliminate will fade away, at least for me it will...

7. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    MC/Nova will be much better than Eliminate IMO.
    The pay to play system is immoral, IMO.

Sorry about this being off topic, but I didn't want to make a thread about this.

Is a new iPhone 3GS 32gb on eBay worth $400?
    Could it be a scam? (even though 19 have been sold with all positive feedback).

8. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Eliminate's ok for quick game, but like others said, there's no depth or strategy, the controls are iffy, and IMO, the maps suck. I hate how the matches last 3 minutes, then it's over. Such a rip-off.

9. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

It can't be a rip-off as it's free.
    Call of Duty is a rip-off since it's $9.99, no equipment other than weapon changes, and a map that's the size of a school classroom. I'm betting it would cost less than half of that if it had any other name than "Call of Duty", though I'm still unsure what's the hype about that game anyways.

10. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Are you kidding me?
    Call of Duty has bluetooth, local wifi, and online coop, and that alone is $9.99.
    The graphics are superb, the sound is incredible, the animations are top-notch.
    Wow, just cause you can't get 10 dollars out of your wallet, you say that its a rip-off?
    Have you even played it?

11. Chibi-Zed

Chibi-Zed Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    None
    In My House
    Yea those who got eliminate and hated it don't b**** about it because the game is free so don't give bad review Because u actualy gained an experience from
    the game and lost nothing except time

12. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    What eggzbacon said, and I was talking about the energy cells. If I get them, they're not gonna last me anytime at all. And playing boring matches and not win anything makes the experience even more monotonous. CoD: NZ is amazing, and I've got my money's worth out of it simply with 20 games of Co-Op.

13. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    i use strategy, I need to when facing higher levels (always) But it isnt very pronounced...
    I expect in MC and nova there will be a lot more of it. Yeah eliminate is better for a quick kick than a full-out experience, unless they make some changes soon.

COD is NOT a ripoff. the map is not the school classroom size man. The first part of it is, then you unlock another door with another room the same size. Oh look it just doubled the size! then unlock the upstairs, then its four times the classroom.
    ass eggz said the multiplayer options and play itself is stellar

aurora doesnt really even know what COD even is. He was trolling on the posty thread a bit back and talking about COD like its only bout modern wafare and nazi zombies dont make sense.

14. Kerrby

Kerrby Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Australia
    Don't accuse me with you baseless assumptions. I don't like the game, I'm allowed to not like the game.

Deal with it.

15. Theta-Omega

Theta-Omega Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Classified
    Eliminate is a good start. It's the *only* well-known FPS deathmatch on the Appstore though, but it's still a pretty good start. The controls actually work pretty well, not as well as Sandstorm, but a lot better than most games, and if you can learn them they aren't half bad.

The pay to play is annoying, people who use it get a fairly clear advantage (i do admit to buying a couple power cells, but i didn't fork over 20 bucks) and there really is no reason to ever buy anything until you get to level 16 or you get tired of the standard weapon and buy the Plasma Cannon.

Pay to play is useless now because of the fast recharge rate, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, and the matches are actually pretty fun. But short match time coupled with some unbalanced power-ups/weapons and a wonky matchmaking system certainly make it harder to find people around your skill level.

I expect MC to be excellent in terms of online play, based solely on the single player (might be a little risky, but that's all we have to base it on) and Nova looks excellent, although both do and probably will feel shallow and fairly broken in certain levels.

Regardless, I expect the online to be great with both of those, and Eliminate is still pretty good, though it is, without a doubt, way over-hyped.

:)

16. Abi646

Abi646 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Get Them all

They are all great. Even though eliminate matchmaking and power cell system sux it is still free. I just think mc:s and novas online mp will be much better. Just get all of them and hope for the best

17. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Modern Combat has more dePth and hopefully has a decent and responsive multiplayer

eliminate is good fun that I enjoy a lot, especially the weapons and armour. All the variety makes for an interesting battle everytime

No point even including NOVA. it's like comparing an Eyetoy, a Nintendo Wii and Project Natal because no one except those from Gameloft know what it's like

18. reinhart_menken

reinhart_menken Well-Known Member

May 8, 2009
    #18 reinhart_menken, Nov 20, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
    Seriously, now who's succumbing to the hype (of CoD name). It has one map, yet you guys are saying it's not a rip-off, and praising the hell out of it. If I wasn't annoyed I'd be laughing at the irony.

Edit: Annoyance wore off, now I'm laughing.

19. Aylek

Aylek Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Can't wait for Nova....I'm getting tired of Eliminate with everyone overusing the rocket launcher...I might try CoD's multi later on.

20. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    If it's new/legit it sounds like a decent deal. I paid $500 for mine from ATT store, non-upgrade, and still had to resign 2yr contract (feel like I got ripped off/). People have told me I could sell my 16gb iPhone 3g (jailbroken) for $400-$500 on ebay or craigslist, which was a surprise to me! I'm still holding on to it, but if it is true, $400 for new 3GS 32 gb sounds like a good deal. If you are upgrading from iphone 3g or original, you will absolutely LOVE the 3GS. It's fantastic, lightning fast relative to its predecessors!