Table Top Racing [Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by nburcombe, Oct 19, 2012.

1. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI
    I am testing it on ipad 4 and I am happy to report real time dynamic shadows

This game is amazing

Of the thousands and thousands of ios games I have played, its one of the very best looking and playing ios games.

Don't want to say too much, but its quite impressive, top notch development

2. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    That is very good news about real time shadows on those devices. Thanks for that.
    Plus the playing part.

From the info so far (from articles and dev posts) real time dynamic shadows, solid consistent 60fps (max) available on devices, bloom lighting, normal mapping, full retina support, icloud and too many others features to even put in.

Come on Apple, get that approval process moving quicker.

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Whoa how did I miss this? Looking great :D

4. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I was thinking exactly the same thing when I saw it first.
    Gonna have to go on a promo rampage as, so far, it looks like its going to be one of the top standout titles of the year.
    I just have a good buzz about it.
    The max fps is a particular standout achievement. Combine that with the details of graphics and a very good early reaction about fun factor and gameplay.

5. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    How'd I miss dis

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Max FPS is nice...esp looking at these screens+dynamic shadows. Not the mind blowing achievement that FM is/will be, but still definitely a selling point for me. For racers and shooters having a high framerate is just so important.

Also like the "tabletop" style for tracks, pretty darn creative if you ask me. Only thing I want is real physics. After NFS I just cannot play a racing game without a good physics engine.

7. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    HOLY CRAP iPad 1 60 fps?!?!???!? That is indeed amazing.

Then load up on the effects for A5/A6 devices if the weakest A4 device runs this at 60fps.

Wow that's just crazy.

8. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #48 Rip73, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
    Well, FM will still run at 60fps once on a device. That is the upper limit on any iOS device.

The range of devices that this game will hold at 60fps (what I meant by max) is particularly impressive coding and optimisation.

Physics don't know. But seeing the quality of everything else, I'm going to guess very good but more suited to arcade than NFSMW.
    100% full size real physics may not be suited to a racing game that takes place on top of a table. Think more RC. More fun orientated probably. Realism won't really matter as long as its fun.

9. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    It's gone to apple for review and approval on the 21st, so shouldn't be too long. 2 weeks normally.

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    All I desire in terms of physics is a sense of weight and speed :) I don't want to zoom around a corner at full speed or anything like that.

60fps on the iPad 1 is just unreal. That device is notoriously underpowered and very difficult to develop high end games for...still amazed.

11. Timmybaz

Timmybaz Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Uk
    Can't wait!

I'm not just a racing fan, I love any game that's good but this and real racing 3 are the ones that I can't wait for. Was hoping this might have appeared today but looks like I'll have to be more patient and wait a week or so!

12. nburcombe

nburcombe Well-Known Member

#52 nburcombe, Jan 23, 2013
    Kind words from all of you there - we're very happy with the game and hoping to be releasing it very soon. Ill give you guys a firm date when we have one. In review now. In answer to the real-time shadows question - Of Course! We wouldn't do any of those blobs things. Physics = FUN but with a nice bit of weighting to it. ;)

Follow us on Twitter @PlayriseDigital and on facebook www.tabletopracing.com

We've not had time to update the website www.playrisedigital.com, but hoping to soon.

13. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    How much is it?

14. nburcombe

The princely sum of $2.99/£1.99

Can someone tell me what "FM" is that people are talking about? :)

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #55 JBRUU, Jan 23, 2013
    Forgotten Memories. There's a huge thread that's been around since 2010, been in development on/off for several years. It's a survival horror game slated for a May release, running at 60fps on A6 devices with DOF, realtime shadows, multiple light sources, full retina, dynamic shadow casting/lighting + a crap ton of other effects. Runs on a heavily modified Unity, the screens and videos look absolutely unreal. The developer is quite active in the thread.

Gameplay looks equally on par with the graphics, which is even more exciting.
    Thread is here:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=36465

16. nburcombe

Gotcha - thanks for the info. Looks good...

17. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    The screenshots of this have really got me intrigued. Can't wait for some video.

18. Midgetcorrupter

Jun 2, 2009
    I was fortunate enough to get a chance to playtest this game for the good guys at Playrise and I can tell you from first hand experience its a beauty.

If you were a fan of the old Micro Machines games on the Mega Drive/Genesis this game will be right up your street :D

It looks astounding on my iPhone5 and never drops a frame! Plays really nicely and has great production values throughout. There are loads of singleplayer races so you will be getting your moneys worth and then there is Multiplayer.

19. nburcombe

Video should be around at the usual places by the end of next week :) Sadly most hosting services will be 30hz, but we will furnish you with a link to the original download and you can see it. Hopefully you'll see all the sections that have been captured natively at 60hz. :) Believe me - on the device itself - you're gonna see "slick" ;)

20. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #60 Rip73, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
    Never mind the videos, get on to Apple and tell them to approve it already!

Seriously though, looking forward to seeing the videos.
    I'm still committed to an instabuy so I'm sure the videos will just make me curse the wait in the approval process more.

Of course the quality of the testers you've had and the glowing comments from them did that already.

Edit. New articles with some good news that hopefully pans out. I'm looking at you Apple. Roll on next week.
    http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/Table+Top+Racing/news.asp?c=48028
    http://www.modojo.com/news/2013-01-24-table-top-racing-release-date-confirmed
    And some cool screenshots (might have been posted here already, didn't check, but here's the link anyway)
    http://www.modojo.com/news/2013-01-14-exclusive-table-top-racing-screens