World Zombination (by Proletariat Inc.) [Coming 2014]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by sicksilvo, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    #1 sicksilvo, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
    [​IMG]

World Zombination is a faction-based combat strategy game coming to tablets, mobile devices, and PC in 2014.

In World Zombination, players choose between The Infected and The Survivors and fight with (and against!) their friends to control cities around the world. With compelling and asymmetrical moment-to-moment gameplay, the choice of faction gives a totally different experience and is a new take on real-time strategy combat. The Infected players control a horde of hundreds of zombies while The Survivors control a band of heroes trying to hold off the onslaught.

Gameplay varies depending on which side the player is fighting for. If players support the zombies, their missions will consist of real-time strategy gameplay where they control hordes of zombies and decide which humans to mutate. They can mutate humans into different unit types, which perform different functions (e.g. Spitter or Runner from the teaser trailer)

The game features a constantly changing world map that allows guilds and players to team up and work together to control the world in real-time and on a massive scale.
    Maps will be a mix of procedurally-generated content and hand-crafted levels. All missions are designed by the developers.

The Survivor Teaser Trailer will be released later in the fall 2013.

Source : Polygon & Cosmosgaming

2. sjsivak

sjsivak Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Game Dev
    Cambridge, MA
    I work at Proletariat. I am happy to talk more with anyone interested in the game. If you are going to be at PAX Prime we will be showing a demo there and if you let me know we might be able to show some in-progress stuff.

3. sicksilvo

Jul 4, 2012
    #3 sicksilvo, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
    Hi Seth and welcome to TouchArcade :)

If you want to change anything in thread just pm me and I'll send you my password or if you wanna make your own I will contact mods to delete this one.

Is game being made in Unity3d & how long are you guys been working on it?

4. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    oh looks nice i would like it and im hopeful to play both PC and iOS ;p

5. Game.PN

Game.PN Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Going to the prison called "School"
    Earth,Milky Way
    I love to beta test this game! Any chances?

6. sjsivak

Aug 14, 2013
    Game Dev
    Cambridge, MA
    This post is totally fine.

We have been working on the game since the early spring. Let me give you a bit more detail on the game.

The game has three major pieces of gameplay. The first is the shared world, which allows all players to join up with their faction or guild to attack cities all over the world. Each city is in conflict for a certain amount of time and the winning faction will get a bonus as long as they control the city. This creates a constantly changing battleground that allows for dynamic strategy.

The second piece of gameplay is the army management, which is based on a mixture of RPG and CCG mechanics. Players can specialize their armies to fit their specific play style.

The final bit of gameplay is the moment-to-moment where each faction has a unique take on real-time strategy. The Zombie Faction gives the players a chance to control a zombie horde and mutate specialized units at the correct place and time. The Human Faction gives the player a chance to exploit the predictive nature of the Zombies and trick them into compromising situations.

If you want access to the beta you should sign up at www.worldzombination.com and if you are coming to PAX makes sure to stop by and see us.

7. sicksilvo

Jul 4, 2012
    PAX videos & Brute

World Zombination demo

World Zombination Interview & Gameplay Footage - PAX Prime 2013

The evolution (or rather, mutation) of the Brute

When we started World Zombination, we knew we wanted a massive horde of zombies rampaging through the city streets, but the problem with a horde is that each zombie tends to die quickly. They needed something stronger to bolster their ranks! Enter: the Brute, a hulking mass of flesh, soaking up bullets, rampaging through walls and buildings, and generally being a … big pain.

Damon, our art director, did a bunch of quick sketches, exploring the Brute’s look. He started as a creepy-crawly, roly-poly bag of flesh and limbs, which while awesomely intimidating, was over the line for us in what we were trying to do with our zombies. We wanted them to not only have personality, but also be sympathetic.

[​IMG]

The second set of sketches got us closer to what we were looking for. This version of the Brute was strong and fearsome, but with a shy and misunderstood kindness in his dim-witted eyes, an undead Lennie Small.

[​IMG]

From the sketches came the final concept art, a big fellow who maintains an appreciation for the simple things in unlife, like butterflies and hot dogs.

[​IMG]

8. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    Damn your Game looks awesome guys keep up the good work!

9. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Really awesome game, expecting this one

10. sjsivak

Aug 14, 2013
    Game Dev
    Cambridge, MA
  11. Fonzy14

Fonzy14 Member

Sep 20, 2013
    how to play the prototype on mobile?

12. sjsivak

Aug 14, 2013
    Game Dev
    Cambridge, MA
  13. sjsivak

Aug 14, 2013
    Game Dev
    Cambridge, MA
  14. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    This game looks really awesome.

15. Unfrozen

Unfrozen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    This looks very interesting. I would like to enjoy more digital CCG type games but I find most don't take advantage of being digital and make things more graphical, action based and immersive.

Blending of CCG and RPG sounds great and I can't wait to try this out.

16. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #16 ste86uk, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
    Looks great with the graphics and sounds like a very good game that I'll be interested in too. So is this coming to iPhone too? I know it does say mobile devices but want to be sure : )

Really do love the environment graphics and characters I've seen look good too, I'll try to make time to watch more video later to hopefully better understand the gameplay for singe and multiplayer?

As for the beta since your releasing on pc, tab and mobile will there be iPhone beta or mainly pc?

17. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I did the questionnaire. It's so hard to pick between the 2 sides haha

18. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Where did you find it? Joined the newsletter.

19. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Sambob posted a link to it in a social group

20. ChaosProdigy

ChaosProdigy Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    Page 1 reply to be continued in reply #2 following this one

Hey guys, I talked to Seth in the video and he seems excited to hear feedback from the community so I took the time to actually email him some feedback and suggestions and since it took me about 2 hours to get it all down I wanted to share with the community here so I can open it up for discussion and hear other feedback from you guys. I love to see a developer exicted about their game and getting the community involved even 1 year in advance so I really wish these guys the best and if I can help them even a little from now until game release I will be happy to do so:

Hi again Seth,

I can see you are excited to get community started and get feedback to make the best game you can so i will take a moment of my time to share some useful information and feedback.

I have played games since 1996 and always as either a clan/guild leader or officer, leading guilds as big as 200+ members including voice communication. With more and more decent games on IOS i have been playing quite a few MMO's and have a lot of feedback and advice for you.

I think first of all i should start by sharing which games I have played in which I have personally spent the most in game money (in app purchase) - so you can do some research and see if any of those games aspects can be incorporated in your game so you can get more income. That is one of the keys for any game really, as long as the game is successful enough to make money, we can expect more updates and you can afford to spend the time to improve the game and release new content. After the game feedback I will give you specific World Zombination feedback

The #1 game I have spent probably over $1000 USD (yes, over one thousand) is a game called

Emross War, at first the game doesnt look like much but what was addicting was its aspect to do a week long event where 2 different servers can go head to head in a brand new world event channel where top 100 players of each server go head to head and every player starts from lvl 1. The competition is intense as when someone is defeated is permanently out , and you can keep track of standings and winning server gets good prizes as well as top players. ( last server standing type of competition.) I spent hundreds of $ on this aspect of the game alone.
    The other part of Emross War that was also well designed was having special Heroes in varying strengths and you can level them up and duel other players heroes. These heroes also lead armies and you can get various boosts. I think this aspect in particular would be very useful in this game (having hero champions). The final strong part of this game was their chat system because the guild chat for example had a history up to a certain point so when you log into the game you could scroll back and read quite a bit of history even though you weren't online at the time.
    Obviously the city building aspect of the game cant be ignored as not sure if you are aware but research has been done that human beings are territorial in nature so games that have any type of territory control/defense are more addictive by a large margin. (think of Clash of Clans)

The #2 game i have spent the most money is similar in nature toEmross War but had vastly superior player vs player system/combat system:

Chronicles of Merlin. To save you time the highlight:
    you could adjust your army in different formations - which allowed for nearly endless combination of different units in different spots of different formations and it also had quite an amazing itemization system for equiping your units/heroes.
    It also had a very long and very CHALLENGING single player campaign which showed the top players replays. This was amazing because very very few games offer any type of challenge in single player so you had to actually gear, level up and experiment quite a bit before you could complete even a part of the campaign.
    End of the map had a more massive co op battle where you needed other players like for example 5 players vs AI and later they added a new system of battle that had map control, mining and quite a few players battling at the same time.

The other games i will mention here I have also spent quite a bit of money on but i will highlight some of the strong points in quick succession:

Book of Heroes, best IOS chat system to date, reason being it kept the history of the chat even while you were offline, whispering, guild, trade etc channels separated out and color coded. Truly nice, they also had raids of sorts

Combat Monsters - The possibly most amazing social aspect of this game is Facebook integration like I've never seen it before in any mobile game. It in my view is quite extraordinary and an evolution: they have something called "Facebook Pose points" if you for example friend 10 players who also connected their Facebook to the game, then every time you win or lose a game you receive 10 additional coins (1 for each pose member). As you level up to for example rank 11, you can get max 11 points etc. In this game alone i ended up having over 100 pose points (over 100 Facebook friends who play combat monsters) - i myself made a new account just for this game but these are all gamers and as any of us win or lose good battles, they can easily share press one button to share "battle replay number" to their Facebook so all of their friends can see the replay just by clicking on the replay number and those who dont even have Combat Monsters would get prompted to get the game (it is available on IOS and Android and PC - this is another good aspect of the game). This Facebook integration in my view really is quite an evolution from what I've seen in other games and i cant stress enough how amazing it is in building a community and getting other people in the game.

To continue with Combat Monsters, although other games have done it they allow up to 70 Asynchronous (Async) games at the same time, where you can make a move and opponent has 1 day and 2 hours to make a reply move. This is great because for a mobile game we don't always have a lot of time to play but with this Async option we can do hundreds of games a day any time we want just by making a move here and there.

Another Combat Monsters example although there is another good example in a game called Solstice Arena is referrals: For example in CM they offer you in game cards/value coins for every person you refer to the game and also the first person who uses your referral code while buying the first in app purchase, the person buying gets 50% more coins and the person whose referral code they used gets 50% of the total coins that person bought. Solstice Arena unlocks new skins for x amount of referrals for example. By the way Combat Monsters also gave coins for Facebook "like" their page, and for having any of their previous games.

Champs Battlegrounds: One thing the developers did BETTER than any other developer is offer a live stream on Twitch TV three times a week. They (Quark Games) stream every Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8pm EST to at least 10pm EST. They, the developers themselves battle community members live, they offer prizes and giveaways and showcase new units. This is amazing community building, when they started they had maybe 30-40 average viewers and it has gone upwards of over 100, at times over 1000 and at some points over 3000 viewers at any given time. Just goes to show that this type of community building is amazing and it does work.

Solstice Arena for for example got famous twitch streamer Destructoid to host their game as Destructoid played vs some of the players in channel, and that was over 4000 viewers at any given time event.

Armed Heroes- this is a Diablo like game but it has a ridiculous amount of content from missions, scenarios like defend the hill, tower defense style, vehicle combat, as well as intense pvp, guild vs guild, etc.

The thing that is really amazing about Armed Heroes is their "VIP" system, where you become "Vip 1" by spending x amount of money in game for gems, you become "Vip 2" by spending a bit more than that etc. Vip players get extra quests, extra rewards and a nifty little "vip #" before their name to help set them apart! I really love this feature.

Page 1 over, page 2 reply following this one