Blah blah blah GTA San Andreas

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by kingofkings8183, Dec 22, 2013.

1. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Thank you.

2. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    I have to agree with Sidgoku. They were many ppl in this thread complaining about bad framerates (me too) and he has a point which is truth after all.
    So my brand new rMini is shitty, huh? Or is it rather the bad optimization? Guess it's the second one. Or maybe i should buy myself a last gen iPad 4 were it runs smooth?
    Sry but i can't enjoy a game which is almost unplayable at 15fps in worst case scenarios.
    I've already deleted it from my device and am waiting for an update which adresses this issue.
    So far...it's wasted money as of now.

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Forgive me for not covering all your points, but why is framerate/optimization discussion from yourself bothering me? Because, as mentioned in my previous post...people have always been complaining about it. Not only have I been around TA way too much to notice things right off the bat, but for Christ's sake, I'm a mod...I see things other people don't see and 6 months ago you were put in time-out for disregarding a moderator's warning on this very matter.

That coupled with the fact that the entire iOS/mobile gaming world is gushing over how War Drum Studios have nailed this port, yet you say things like "Shame on you WD really you don't mess up three times in a row." and say they don't respect the game, or whatever? That's ****ing ridiculous.

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You don't get it, do you? This has nothing to do with TouchArcade (the site itself). While the admins oversee the whole thing, the forums are here because of tons and tons of people like you and me, each with our own opinions. We're free to sit and argue about our different opinions all day, but from a moderator stand-point; when said tons and tons of people are complaining about the fact that they could give half a turd about your issues with framerate and optimization (which hey, think about it...in this case are more suited for the Android sub-forum), that's where I step in. You wouldn't shut up about XCOM and that landed you in time-out, and you're still at it, just with a different game.

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    What is?

6. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Not nitpicking, iPad Air is technically the iPad 5.

As for this game, it runs fine on my iPad 4, no issues here so far. And is the A7 really underpowered compared to the A6? Genuine question.

7. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Hate to pull a Sidgoku, but even if it (the A7) was underpowered in some ways (I've heard the raw triangle output of the A6 is superior, but the A7 handle shaders better....?), getting a PS2 game running on modern iOS hardware shouldn't really be a problem.

8. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Functions like calling and texting have no impact on gaming performance whatsoever.

9. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #49 Nekku, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
    It's ofc not underpowered or slower then the A6.
    The low triangle output was due to a non optimised version of the benchmark tool. (like Sidgoku said once)

Just download 3Dmark or GFXbench from the appstore, compare the iPad 4 and iPad Air/miniR results and you will see the A7 blows the A6 out of the water in every single aspect.

3Dmark is already optimised for 64bit which results in slightly better scores compared to the old 32bit version.

The A7 GPU is a whole new architectur which every game needs to be optimised for to get the most out of it. Just like the last update of Oceanhorn did on the miniR.
    Before: 20-25fps
    After: rocksolid 60fps