Global warming?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Kenan2000, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    What do you guys think of these crazy weather fluctuations happening to us in this year?I'm sure that none of us will live up to see truly terrible things occur but still this makes me really worried.I'm not even joking right now,it's crazy that all of this is messing up harvesting crops in many parts of the world.

Don't even get me started on the fact that glaciers and permafrost will be melting,increasing water levels drastically and spreading deadly infections and viruses that have been in a state of anabiosis for hundreds of years.
    Few things calm me down though:

1) Fossil fuels are not infinite,at some point people will be forced to use other sources of energy.
    2) Technologies and biotechnologies are advancing and improving exponentially.
    3) We are not being told everything,none of us knows it all.

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Aren't we all just batteries for the machines of the Matrix? :rolleyes:

3. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    #3 bigrand1, Jul 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    Glaciers are ALREADY melting at an alarming rate! Polar caps are melting, sea levels are already rising, getting hotter everywhere, coral dying! It's happening as we speak!!! Too bad our 'leader' is such a blithering IDIOT!!!! He thinks it's a hoax! He thinks science is fake! Gotta admit, I hope he dies slowly of a terribly painful disease they have no way to cure, that POS!!! I wish someone would blow up his plane with his loser Vice President too!! Good thing the rest of us and around the world realize global warming is very REAL! You know, we don't have a plan B, folks! This is the only planet we have, and we need to save it from what we have done to it before it's too late!!! Alternative energy is the future! Hell, its now!!! Scary to think of our children, our grand-children, and future generations will have to endure because of what we've done!! Makes me SICK thinking how much MONEY is SO much more important than anything these days! The only thing that makes me MORE sick is that Trump wants to ruin everything positive that we've accomplished in this country since the beginning!! I just hope he goes away quickly one way or the other!!!!!!!!! :(

4. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Fully agree with the post above! I've never had any interest in politics, but this is like a car wreck I can't help from watching! I believe I'm an open minded person, but I can't help but think anyone that supports him is either out of their friggin' mind, or completely oblivious as to what's going on. Guess I'm glad I don't have kids to worry about, or to explain things to. Seems like trump will either get us killed quickly via nuclear war, or slowly by taking out Mother Nature. Sad!

5. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    I too fully agree with you but I almost forgot that humans always find ways of surviving,after all vaults and shelters can be made but again this is in the worst case scenario.

6. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    I don't wish to come off as a climate change denier or some whack job, but please hear me out.

A few tidbits of info to think about:

1) It's floated around that over 50,000 scientists with PhDs have said global warming because of man made influences (including agriculture) is total nonsense and untrue. At the same time, it's never been specified what these scientist have their degrees in or even if it relates to the environment.... Your PhD in proctology is about as useful for predicting environmental impact from humans as a PhD in woman studies is at diagnosing brain cancer.

2) 97% of environmental scientists in the US believe in global warming. 100% of these scientists are funded by the US government. 100% of US government funded scientists who do not produce finding supporting climate change receive 0 funding the next year

3) for those of you who did not know, we are currently in an Ice Age (hard to believe I know). During such times you can see DRAMATIC swings in global temperature. We have also had 5 major ice ages throughout earth's history, from what scientists can tell.

My conclusion: I can't say with certainty one way or another what our impact as a society is having on climate change but I will say this: one way or another, we are destroying the earth and We need Her (Him) and not the other way around. The way we destroy the earth harvesting mineral and fossil fuels (not disputing the need) reals havoc on our beautiful planet and seeing the aftermath is saddening.

Final thought. Climate change or not, I believe the Earth works in cycles and perhaps we are just in the midst of a cycle of increasing temperature... perhaps we are causing it.

7. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    The Earth is KAPUT ha ha, glad that my Ipad is still working, the most important thing Earth ever produced.

8. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    And don't forget a power source. ;)

9. Umbraius

Umbraius New Member

Aug 3, 2017
    I just made an account only to reply to this thread. The guy in the quote is on point. I really feel for the OP and the rest of the people who have been brainwashed by the media and politicians about global warming. The earth is NOT getting warmer. Polar caps are NOT melting. Weather is NOT changing because of CO2 emissions released by us. All of this is a scam and a big hoax. Go look at the data and educate yourself heres a starting point https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHFfOOF-6Fs and theres so much more

Screw the politicians and media!