Mage Gauntlet or Modern Combat 3?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jdragoon19, Oct 29, 2011.

?

Which game do you like better?

1. Mage Gauntlet

12 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Modern Combat 3

11 vote(s)
    52.4%
  1. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Which game do you enjoy the most: Mage Gauntlet or Modern Combat 3? I personally like Modern Combat 3 over Mage Gauntlet but Mage Gaintlet is a very fun RPG.

2. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    This is getting silly - how do you compare a FPS with an RPG? FPS fans will say one thing; RPG fans will say another. It's going to be a matter of taste. And a poll even?

This is basically the same thing as saying - which do you like better - apples or oranges?

Here's a poll for ya - Blosics or Modern Combat? Or World Mosaics vs Mage Gauntlet?

Point is you can't take two games just for the heck of it and make a thread and a poll that you KNOW is going to create havoc, personal opinions that get thrown about as fact, fighting, name calling, and eventually the thread gets shut down.

Prove that wrong.

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
  4. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
  5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Jdragoon19, you're an awesome fellow, but this thread is pointless. I think it should be MC3 vs. Shadowgun, as in FPS vs. TPS or something, but I do understand you wanna ask which of these hits from past 2 weeks is better, but yeah, as NEG said, there are people who enjoy FPS(ME) and people who enjoy RPG more and as they're completely different, you should try to find a game comparison closer to each others.

6. Bad Hanson

Bad Hanson Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Somnambulist
    The Westcountry UK
    #6 Bad Hanson, Oct 29, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
    I'm guessing the dude has his eye on both these games- irrespective of genre and he only has money for one or he would have already bought both right? If that is the case and this isn't a juxtaposition- then Jdragoon I would recommend Mage Gauntlet over MC3. Chances are you probably already have MC 1&2 whereas you don't have a Mage Gauntlet...yet. On the other hand if you suspect you might get buyers remorse for not having bought the Blockbuster with 'AAA console quality scripting' buy MC3 but make sure you buy MG real soon, it's a great little iOS game.

But as has been said this is not worthy of a poll.

7. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Completely different games, but anyway...

Modern combat 3. I've got both, but I don't play Mage gauntlet because it isn't universial yet.

8. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    He has both and just wanted to know which of the two TA GOTW's were better in people's opinions, lol. MG won last week, and MC3 will no doubt win this week.

So yeah, pointless.

9. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    #9 Jdragoon19, Oct 30, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
    Idk, I was bored. I was just asking which game you guys liked better. Does that make it pointless? No. I was asking for an opinion.

I am a person that likes both iOS RPGs and iOS FPSes...

10. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Missing a third Option:

Got both and did enjoy playing those.

11. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Haha, yeah :)

12. Ashflow

Ashflow Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    MI
    Mage Gauntlet won last week's poll? That's good, as I completely forgot to vote for it... That was going to be the first TA GOTW I ever voted in, too :( :p