Call of Duty: Strike Team - $6.99 > $1.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by KiddToKmart, Dec 19, 2013.

1. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    #1 KiddToKmart, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    Call of Duty: Strike Team - $6.99 > $2.99

Valid till 2014! So many great games to play over the Holidays now :D

Call of Duty®: Strike Team

** ON SALE FOR A LIMITED TIME! **

**NOT compatible with iPhone4, iPod Touch 4th Gen, iPhone 3GS**

*Fo…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $6.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details

*For the optimal experience we recommend rebooting your device before you play this app for the first time*

Press Reviews:
    -APPLE: Editor's Choice Best of 2013 Blockbuster Games
    -MODOJO: "Excellent graphics in both strategic and first-person views…"
    -YAHOO GAMES: One of "10 games fit for your iPhone 5S"
    -SLIDE TO PLAY: "Game of the Month, September 2013"

Call of Duty®: Strike Team delivers an all-new, first-person and third-person Call of Duty® experience built from the ground up for mobile and tablet devices. Fully customize your squad’s loadouts and abilities before leading them into combat in diverse gameplay environments. Call of Duty®: Strike Team features the revolutionary ability to dynamically switch from run-and-gun first-person view to reconnaissance and coordinated squad attacks in third-person view.

The year is 2020. Tensions run high amongst the world’s superpowers. In a surprise attack, the U.S. finds themselves in a war with an unknown enemy. Your mission is to lead a Joint Special Operations Team in a global effort to hunt down those responsible.

Play your way. Switch between first-person and third-person action at almost any time. Strategically customize the members of your squad with weapons, perks or body armor.
    CAMPAIGN MODE: Experience an immersive single-player campaign full of epic, cinematic moments in diverse locations around the world.
    SURVIVAL MODE: Put your skills to the test as you fight off waves of increasingly difficult enemies. Compete against family, friends and the Call of Duty®: Strike Team community for leaderboard domination.

© 2013 Activision Publishing, Inc. ACTIVISION and CALL OF DUTY are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners. By downloading, installing or using this App, you agree to Activision's privacy policy, as may be updated by Activision from time to time. Please visit http://www.activision.com/privacy/en/privacy.html to view Activision's privacy policy.

*** NOTE: Call of Duty®: Strike Team is ONLY compatible with and optimized for iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad mini, iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation), iPad (4th generation), and iPod touch (5th generation). Requires iOS 6.0 or later.***

For more information, visit:

http://www.callofduty.com/striketeam
    Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/callofduty
    Follow us on Twitter: @CallofDuty
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Sep 05, 2013
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (51)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Happy holidays! :D

3. Awesome game.

Very highly recommended!

4. KiddToKmart

Feb 10, 2011
    How are the IAPs? Optional / necessary / intrusive?

5. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    Does this lag on iphone 4s?

6. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    I played it normally on 4S. :)

7. ronit

ronit Well-Known Member

May 12, 2011
    Blogger
    US
    intrusive.

8. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    How does this compare to Xcom? Are they similar?

9. Darklord1011

Darklord1011 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2013
    What does intrusive iap means?

10. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Hope this sale carries over to Google Play (so far, it hasn't). Way too big with a backlog that now includes KOTOR for my 4S.

11. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Nothing. Xcom is a TBS game while CoD mixes RTS with FPS, but it still plays like any other CoD, just without MP. IMO if someone here already has MC4/MC3 he/she's not missing anything here.

12. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    appinfo

add a link (appinfo) to your 1st post please? just replay and copy

Call of Duty®: Strike Team

*Fo…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $6.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details

*For the optimal experience we recommend rebooting your device before you play this app for the first time*

Press Reviews:
    -APPLE: Editor's Choice Best of 2013 Blockbuster Games
    -MODOJO: "Excellent graphics in both strategic and first-person views…"
    -YAHOO GAMES: One of "10 games fit for your iPhone 5S"
    -SLIDE TO PLAY: "Game of the Month, September 2013"

Call of Duty®: Strike Team delivers an all-new, first-person and third-person Call of Duty® experience built from the ground up for mobile and tablet devices. Fully customize your squad’s loadouts and abilities before leading them into combat in diverse gameplay environments. Call of Duty®: Strike Team features the revolutionary ability to dynamically switch from run-and-gun first-person view to reconnaissance and coordinated squad attacks in third-person view.

The year is 2020. Tensions run high amongst the world’s superpowers. In a surprise attack, the U.S. finds themselves in a war with an unknown enemy. Your mission is to lead a Joint Special Operations Team in a global effort to hunt down those responsible.

Play your way. Switch between first-person and third-person action at almost any time. Strategically customize the members of your squad with weapons, perks or body armor.
    CAMPAIGN MODE: Experience an immersive single-player campaign full of epic, cinematic moments in diverse locations around the world.
    SURVIVAL MODE: Put your skills to the test as you fight off waves of increasingly difficult enemies. Compete against family, friends and the Call of Duty®: Strike Team community for leaderboard domination.

© 2013 Activision Publishing, Inc. ACTIVISION and CALL OF DUTY are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners. By downloading, installing or using this App, you agree to Activision's privacy policy, as may be updated by Activision from time to time. Please visit http://www.activision.com/privacy/en/privacy.html to view Activision's privacy policy.

*** NOTE: Call of Duty®: Strike Team is ONLY compatible with and optimized for iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad mini, iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation), iPad (4th generation), and iPod touch (5th generation). Requires iOS 6.0 or later.***

For more information, visit:

http://www.callofduty.com/striketeam
    Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/callofduty
    Follow us on Twitter: @CallofDuty
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Sep 05, 2013
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (51)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

13. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA

so its worth skipping if you already own-played MC3+MC4...meaning nothing unique or different to experiance?

14. KiddToKmart

Feb 10, 2011
    Done ;)

15. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
  16. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Bought. This is probably imo the BEST single player shooter on the app store. There's lots of missions, various weapons, perks, level ups, survival. You can pretty much play it endlessly. And it gets quite difficult. If you're looking for a premium shooter with a little twist as well, this is the perfect game.

17. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Does this have MFI support?

18. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    It has MFi support according to afterpad,it's even in the'editors choice'category.I'm still not sure though,more (MFI) impressions welcome :)

http://mfigamelist.afterpad.com/best

19. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Agreed.
    A genuinely excellent FPs single player that ate up a whole lot of my time when it released.
    It's a pity multiplayer never got added but it is a top quality shooter and easily one of the best available on iOS for single player.
    The alternate top down view was something I thought I'd never use but it added to the game greatly.
    It's a very easy recommend because it is a real solid experience and definitely one of the best on iOS.

20. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    #20 Crabman, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    Bought it now and i'm quite (positive) surprised so far.Looks great (love that it runs smooth as butter with rock solid 60fps and without any aliasing) and plays nice with a controller although the Y axis (invert option is there) could be a tad less sensitive.Like others mentioned,the button layout is a little messy but you have to be close to the screen anyway if you want to use the oversight view properly.I'm even more surprised that Activision made it a premium experience,thanks for that.Finally i can really delete this f2p demon,that MC5 became now.CoD fills my need for a good straight forward shooter quite well now.if i would have known how well it plays (with a controller),i would have payed the full price for it.I don't care that it has no MP.

Having my iPad in the stand and controller in my hand,it's almost like a good console shooter :)