Random Act of Generosity

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Paradiso, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

#1 Paradiso, Feb 11, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
    I was feeling generous yesterday so I decided to gift Phoenix Wright to someone, cause it's that good, and it's only .99 right now. Unfortunately, the only person that that replied correctly didn't want to give out their email because of privacy concerns, which I understand.

So, I've decided to make this thread for anyone to gift a game they feel people need to play. Obviously not everyone likes buying other people things, for nothing in return, but I figure this is a good way for people who happen to feel generous to do so, if they so choose.

Instead of just gifting it to the first person to reply, I'm gonna have a question or riddle or hidden message, or something like that that people have to figure out first.

The whole point is just to let someone play a game you think is great, so if you don't want to participate, leave the thread now :)

That being said, I'd encourage you to gift a game to someone else, especially if someone gifts one to you. The devs get sales, and we get great games, it's a win win.

No requesting games, no arguing, and if you offer a game, make sure you can follow through with it. Also, just to be fair to people who can't lurk all day, every one can only win once a day, for now. Might change to once every two days or so depending on how many people actually participate.

For people gifting, post the country your in so people know if they can actually redeem your gift. For people winning, make sure your comfortable with giving out your email address in a pm.

I'll start out with Phoenix Wright- USA
    First person to tell me the number 100 in binary gets it!

Mods, move this to the giveaway section if you want, I didn't post it there cause it's not a promo code giveaway.

2. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Great idea, pay it forward!

Is the answer 1100100

3. Paradiso

That's right, pm me your account email and name :)

It's up to $4.99 right now, but I'll gift it anyways lol

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Nice idea, this thread.

Btw, "gift" in German means "poison" and it sounds like you wanna murder people... ;)

5. n8equalsd

n8equalsd Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2010
    Very cool idea. Can you gift ANY app in the AppStore, or is it only limited to some?

6. nesio718

nesio718 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    #6 nesio718, Feb 11, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
    I got fired the week before Xmas, making it the worst xmas ever. Haven't had the money or a chance to play the greatness every one says Aralon is.

On a side note I will gift out a $.99 app for whoever can produce The COMPLETE lineage of Goku from Dragon ball. From grandfather all the way down to childrens childrens children....

7. Paradiso

Should be all of them, there's a little button up in the corner that says "gift this app."

You'll need a persons name and the email address associated with their iTunes account, but that's it, you just follow the steps.

8. n8equalsd

n8equalsd Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2010
    OK cool.

9. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Nice idea... No one seems to be saying their country though!

10. ava0425

ava0425 Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Washington, U.S.
    I feel as though I need to play Bug Heroes but have no job nor money. This is not an act of beggory, just a wish that I'm throwin out there. Wish I had money to gift an app to someone to be nice :(

11. nesio718

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    location is in the top right corner of your post.....

12. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    not in everyone's though...

13. Paradiso

If your gonna make an offer, post your country as well, even if it's already in the corner. Just to keep things uniform. Glad people are liking the idea :)

14. rogermichelle99

rogermichelle99 Active Member

Jan 7, 2011
    Comp Tech and Preacher
    To your offer for Aralon: I would like to play the game because I am a huge fan of RGP's. I started playing them back on the Nintendo with Final Fantasy, and can not get enough of them. I came across this game the other day in the store and just have a hard time believing it can be as good as everyone says it is, but I do not have the money to buy it and find out how good it is.

With that said, I think the guy before me had a much better reason for wanting the game, but who knows....

Thank you for the opportunity, and yes, I think this thread is a great idea also. It reminds me a lot of a thread on Good Old Games (gog.com) forums where community members give away games. It is nice to see people being so generous to each other.

15. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Goku Lineage

Originally Goku had amnesia and had been adopted by Gohan but it turns out Bardock and mother unknown were the biological parents of Goku and Raditz (brothers)... Goku coupled with Chi-Chi (daughter of Ox King and mother unknown) to produce Gohan and Goten... Gohan coupled with Videl (daughter of Mr Satan and mother unknown) to produce Pan. Within 100 years Pan's descendant is named Goku Jr.

Yes?

16. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    This isn't really gifting, but I'll give someone 3 promo codes for:

Flick Kick Football
    Flick Kick Field Goal
    Are You Quick Enough

All you do to get these is to name 25 characters from The Simpsons :)

17. jxw245

jxw245 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Texas
    #17 jxw245, Feb 12, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
    Bart, Homer, Bumblebee man, lisa, Disco Stu, Dr. Nick Riveria, Mr. Teeny, Margie, Snake, Fat Tony, Mayor Quimby, kent Brockman, Barney, Milhouse, dr. Nick, Principal skinner, Krusty, Ralph, Apu, ned Flanders, Comic Book guy, Sea Captain, Moe, Otto, sidiesshow bob, Chief Wiggum, Frink, Nelson, Groundskeeper Willie, Mr. Burns. Looks like 25 to me.

Well i love RPG's but haven't gotten a chance to experience a single iOS one yet except Sacred odyssey lite version. I might not be the best reason but at least i didn't make up anything...

I'm in USA by the way.

I will make sure to give away a app as soon as i find a app that i really like (might be Jelly Car 3)

Edit: Just remembered i can only win once a day...does it count if they pick on a different day? Might wanna clarify...

18. nesio718

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    You got it captain. Name, email address and $.99 game of choice please. PM!!

19. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

#19 MicroByte, Feb 12, 2011
    Thank you SO much Paradiso for the act of generosity!

Since I'm having so much fun with Jellycar 3, the first person to answer the following question get's it as a gift:

What is the largest moon of Saturn?

US Residents only, sorry!

20. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    #20 vbxz47, Feb 12, 2011
    Titan, duh and thanks! @MicroByte

If anyone wants to gift me bug heroes, you'd be my best friend. I'll gift someone a .99 cent app of their choice.. Just reply to this post with an app and the person who has the best .99 cent app to gift(in my opinion) gets it.
    Ex.: someone says jelly car, and another says pocket frogs(I used free examples on purpose), and I like pocket frogs more than I'll gift them that. Must be .99 cents only.