Catan Cities & Knights (iOS)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by USM_Software, Mar 5, 2012.

1. USM_Software

USM_Software Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Software Publisher
    Munich
    Hi everybody!

Here's your chance to contribute to the upcoming Catan Cities & Knights App, because we want your Achievement in the game!
    Development of the next add-on is progressing well and we’re close to the beta test (news on this shortly). While we continue polishing the AI, we’d like to invite you to make suggestions for the new achievements included in the expansion. Post your suggestions as well as a short explanation why you think the achievement should be included in this topic.

We’ll then choose the ten best suggestions (together with our development partners at exozet and Catan Inc.) and set up a poll where you can vote for them. The achievements that get the most votes will be included in the Cites and Knights expansion!

The first 5 suggestions will get a download code for our game “Ingenious”!

2. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    #2 Agas, Mar 5, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
    Super excited as Catan is one of my favorite game on my iphone (will buy the ipad version once it's on sale on the expansion's release :) ).

Here's some suggestions for the achievements:
    1. Independent - Winning the game without buying development cards
    Reason: Development cards is an easy way to win because of extra victory points. Winning without it requires different strategy.
    2. Beach Lover - Winning by only create buildings/roads in the edges of the sea/harbors
    Reason: We tend to build a house in the middle of three tiles (more chances), trying to avoid that will be challenging. It's easier to achieve on Seafarers add-on though.
    3. Real Trader - Trading resources for 10 consecutive turns of yours
    Reason: Just a random achievement that is quite difficult to achieve!
    4. Bank Job - Winning by only do trading with the bank
    Reason: Trading with the bank is expensive, so if that's a constraint, the game will be more challenging.
    5. Struggle - Winning by building no house by the edges of the 6 or 8 tiles
    Reason: Another random idea that is quite difficult to achieve, 6 and 8 are the most common dice, without them it's difficult to win a game.

Since I have already own all of your iPhone games, I don't need the Ingenious code (unless it's for the iPad).

PS: PLEASE make an update for Color Conquest, it always crashes. I've never finished even one game.

3. flatsinki

flatsinki Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Newfoundland, Canada
    #3 flatsinki, Mar 5, 2012
    Thats an excellent list Agas! I'd add:

Well Planned - Upgrade a city to a Metropolis
    Reason - random achievement that I think would be easier to get to balance out some more difficult ones

Are you cheating? - Own all three Metropoli in one game (Note it has been some time since I have played so I'm unsure if this feat is possible under the standard rules... My fuzzy memory says it should be possible but disregard if not)
    Reason - if possible it would be quite difficult to achieve

Not My Problem - Have no active Knights when the barbarians attack and not lose a city
    Reason - easy or difficult, I just find it funny :) I have done this in the board game a couple of times with those exact words!

Commander in Chief - Successfully defend Catan from attack 3 consecutive times in one game
    Reason - Challenging to get due to the random factor of roles and the political situation in game

I can't wait to see this expansion come out for the game finally!

4. subdeath

subdeath Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Marketing
    New York
    peacemaker - didn't roll 7 in the whole game
    true victim - robbed by all other players(3 or more)in one game
    At all costs - trade with other players for one Resource with more than 6 own Resources.

5. roy1d_nld

roy1d_nld Member

Mar 3, 2012
    holland
    #5 roy1d_nld, Mar 5, 2012
    Blocker- cutting off an other player's trade route
    Nothing personal- stealing from the same player for more than 3 times in a row

6. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #6 undeadcow, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
    I've never played Catan but here are some novice ideas, since I haven't played I'm not sure what good frequencies would be so just used x:

Isolationist - Avoid outside trade for x turns.
    Settlement Stalemate - Avoid building settlements for x turns.
    Barbarian Basher - Defend successfully from barbarians x times in a row.
    Barbarian Fodder - Lose x cities to barbarians but still win the game.
    Mighty Knight Resources - Be the first to collect x amount (large sum) of paper, coin, and cloth in one game.
    Knight Rises - Build an army of x knights and remain undefeated in combat for x battles.

Odd that no one else has posted suggestions with the offer of a free promo code. Their loss, my gain.

7. USM_Software

USM_Software Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Software Publisher
    Munich
    Thank you!!

Hi everybody, thank you so much for all your suggestions! We're happy to send you your Ingenious promo code. Please send an email to [email protected], so we have you email address. It won't be used for any other purpose, of course! If you’re interested just have a look at our Facebook-page "USM-Games and more". There are always news of our latest games, offers and give aways!

8. USM_Software

USM_Software Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Software Publisher
    Munich
    Catan “Cities and Knights” News

As the final phase of the beta is still running, we’d like to give you an update on the current development status of the next Catan expansion. However, first of all we’d like to thank all beta applicants for their interest - and all those who made it into the beta - for the valuable input we’ve already received!

Right now our focus is fine-tuning the computer opponents (AI): “Cities and Knights” introduces numerous new rules and elements that will add both depth and variety to the game. We want to make sure that the AI makes use of all these possibilities, but we’ll also tune the different AI opponents to difficulty levels that will suit both beginners and advanced Catan players. So far the testers’ feedback has been a great help, but we’ll certainly need some more time to polish the expansion for release. We’ll let you know as soon as our testing is complete!

9. Father_V

Father_V New Member

Aug 2, 2012
    This last update was May 15. It is now August 2, a little more than 2 months later. Any progress reports?

Sincerely,
    Rev. Paul L. Vasquez
    Mayor Emeritus of World Village on Catan Online World