Gamevil vs Com2us

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by KPOPLOVER, Jul 23, 2012.

1. KPOPLOVER

KPOPLOVER Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Seoul, South Korea
    which dev do you think is better and less greedy ?

2. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    It's hard to tell i've only played Tower Defense from Com2us but I've played a lot of Gamevil games like zenonia 1,2 and 3 ( tried zenonia 4 ), Baseball superstars and all I can tell is that Gamevil is going down the hill with their freemium strategy ruining every game they make, I'm not even excited about zenonia 5

3. KPOPLOVER

KPOPLOVER Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Seoul, South Korea
    how about if i say there making two versions of zenonia 5 like a light and dark version ? :3

4. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    well if one of them is not freemium I would gladly pay for it but I highly doubt it

5. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    As far as RPGs, both are getting ridiculous on the IAP side of things. I'm tired of endless IAPs and want premium experiences.

Com2us has done some decent things outside RPGs though...such as the aforementioned Tower Defense.

6. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Oh man that's like asking who's less original, gameloft or triniti :p

7. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    tend to go with com2us here but only because i think their games are slightly better (decision purely founded on game quality - not because they're "less greedy" as you put it).

although in the inotia vs zenonia clash i much prefer the latter (even with the freemium model).

8. Varking

Varking Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Stand Up Comedian
    North Carolina
    I want to say com2us since they made an MMO but they never update or support it!

9. xxx_R3B0RN_xxx

xxx_R3B0RN_xxx Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    I agree with shero89...Gamevil has made TOO many freebies. Its getting really annoying, since all the games are now cluttered with IAPs and ads. Com2us is pretty good on not being TOO greedy. I have homerun battle, tower defense: lost earth, and inotia 3 from Com2us and zenonia 1-3, illusia, and air penguin from gamevil. Gamevil is good at rpgs, and com2us is good at everything else.
    So...i should say Com2us is better. but if you want rpgs, get both the zenonia franchise as well as inotia.

10. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Com2us has to many good games-

Slice it
    Tower defense
    Homerun battle
    Chocolate tycoon
    Escape the ape
    Swing Shot
    Choco Hero
    Minigame paridise
    Puzzle family
    Queens Crown
    Come on baby
    Inotia
    Zombie runaway

11. klarence

klarence Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    They are all super greedy and their games are nearly unplayable due to their greed.
    They know how to make a great ARPG but they don't do it.

12. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    For me none, both sucks equally. :mad:

13. iOSborne

iOSborne Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2012
    college instructor
    PA
    all i can say is that these two developers are way better than other devs... got myself hooked with gamevil's plants war... and com2us' slice it. :)

14. themyst

themyst Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Both of these companies new releases are utterly disgusting. Both toyed initially with relatively fair IAPs (e.g. com2us Homerun Battle 1 when it was called Baseball Slugger years ago, Gamevil with Baseball Superstars II which I consider semi-freemium)

I have officially boycotted com2us after they charged $4.99 for Homerun Battle 2, then realize the game is pay-to-win with no advance warning, pretty much ruining the game. NEVER make an online-competitive game pay-to-win.

Zenonia 4 with its in-your-face Zen IAP system, teasing you about what you can't buy put Gamevil on my list of devs to never patronize. I think many will concur when they say they would have paid $3-5 bucks for an IAP-free game with fair progression and mechanics.

My list of devs that I will never download from:

Glu
    com2us
    Gamevil

Gameloft is getting close to being on my boycott list, but they do have some premium paid apps being offered and semi-freemium apps like Asphalt 7 which aren't terribly unfair.

What they did with Let's Golf 3 and BIA2 is a travesty. I would have paid $9.99 for a complete copy of Let's Golf 3 without the IAP nonsense.