Universal Spellspire - a word game by 10tons

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by 10tonsLtd, Feb 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 10tonsLtd

10tonsLtd Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Hi everyone!

For the past several months we've been working on Spellspire, a brand new word game that currently looks a lot like this:

[​IMG]

The game is currently in alpha stage, and we'll reveal more info in the coming weeks. We expect to release the game in Spring 2014.

2. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    Bumping, with a new screen! We have item graphics, way more animation, more enemies, difficulty adjustments and more items with special effects now. Release should be in... dare I say weeks?

[​IMG]

3. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Any gameplay video?

4. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    Sure, we'll probably release some gameplay video one of these days. No timeline on that though, but could well be before April.

5. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    Surprise!

Spellspire is launching globally on April 14th!

The long and short of the long delay is that three years ago, when Spellspire was ready, the paid mobile game market started to seem to be in particularly awful shape, in addition to having been in death throes for a long while. So we decided not to release Spellspire back then as a paid game, and convert it into a free to play game somewhere along the line.

The line turned out to be three years long, as we released a dozen or so games for PS4, Steam, and most lately Xbox One, and started (and nearly finished) work on two new pc/console oriented action titles Neon Chrome and Xenoraid. Somewhere in there we found the time to inject some free to play trappings to Spellspire, and here we are.

We hope you check the game out, as it's definitely fun on a bun! We'd also love to hear your thoughts on the game.

6. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I played this in soft launch and it was fun. I hope it does well.

7. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    This is very good looking ! I definitely will try this game !