App reviews slow?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by toddmoore, May 18, 2010.

1. toddmoore

toddmoore Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Idea Guy
    VA, USA
    I submitted a couple updates to iPhone only apps and after a week it is still waiting for a review. I'm wondering if Apple reviews favors iPad/universal apps or new apps right now? ~Todd

2. MrBlue

MrBlue Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    iPhone Developer
    Waited a week for my update that changed my iPhone app to universal. Thought it was b/c they needed to test it twice so it took longer.

3. therhino

therhino Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Georgia
    #3 therhino, May 18, 2010
    Last edited: May 18, 2010
    Things are kinda slow right now, you're fine though, just slow approval.

4. mayinpeng

mayinpeng New Member

May 18, 2010
    I'm having the same problem...a fairly simple app submitted on the 11th still waiting for review...is this normal??

5. Sinecure Industries

Sinecure Industries Well-Known Member

We've been waiting 5-6 days to get "in-review" - what a hassle, especially for updates!

6. Astraware

Astraware Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Games Studio
    UK
    Reviews often slow down before a major event. I suspect its because extra items are going through testing ahead of WWDC. Apple might be doing re-tests on a bunch of apps to check they're OS4 compliant. That happened when OS3 was about to be released.

7. toddmoore

Oct 23, 2009
    Idea Guy
    VA, USA
    Thanks everyone, it took my app 6 days to get into the In Review status. I had gotten use to the In Review in 6 minutes I was seeing prior to iPad launch. Just need more patience... Interesting thoughts on 4.0 and WWDC and that certainly makes sense. Cheers, Todd

8. mayinpeng

mayinpeng New Member

May 18, 2010
    mine got rejected after 8 days waiting in line and now I'm back to the end of the line >< it funny to think the review process actually takes 3 times longer than the production.

9. PhasicLabs

PhasicLabs Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Game Developer
    We have just published our first game, and it seemed to take ages at first - we were 'Waiting for Review' for 5 days, then went to 'In Review' and only a day later, the game was released! It appears that the actual review process is fast - it's just the wait to go into review that takes a while.

10. AssyriaGameStudio

AssyriaGameStudio Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    All Apps just get placed in a que, depending how big the que is determines the speed...

I imagine theres a lot of people currently submitting iPad apps for the 2nd release date (in europe) on the 28th of May, so that'll be making it a very long que at the moment I'd expect...

11. mehware

mehware Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    I submitted an app about 7 days ago for the ipad. It went in review that night of submission. I am wondering why its taking this long when people say ipad apps go thru in about 7 days.

I know the ipad launch for international is may 28th thats probably why its effecting this, lots of submissions maybe?

.. Still in review :|

12. Fabulapps

Fabulapps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2010
    We submitted an update of CrossRoads 1 week ago. It went In review 2 days after the submission and now, we are still waiting...
    It is slower to review our update than it was to review our full game submission.

13. HappyninGames

HappyninGames Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Developer
    Los Angeles
    Submitted the iPad version of our game fowlplay a couple weeks ago, has been in review for the past 8 days. This is the longest we've had to wait for an approval.

14. Sinecure Industries

Sinecure Industries Well-Known Member

Backlash V1.2 has been waiting for a review for a week now. Bleah.

15. toddmoore

Oct 23, 2009
    Idea Guy
    VA, USA
    They are giving priority to iPad reviews. My iPhone apps don't go into review but the iPad apps go right away...

16. TinyTechnician

TinyTechnician Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Developer
    Los Angeles
    Oh man, just caught this thread.

I submitted my app yesterday. If it really takes 2 weeks for this thing to get approved that will totally mess up my timeline. Guess I'll have to start making some contingency plans.

The last app I submitted was processed in 3 days, but that was back in March...before iPad craziness.

Well I hope Apple starts picking up the pace...goodluck everyone with your submissions as well.

17. Astraware

Astraware Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Games Studio
    UK
    There was a time last year when 2 weeks+ was the norm. I think we've been spoilt by the shorter turnarounds!

18. AnthonyL

AnthonyL Well-Known Member

My latest game for the iPad has been in review for about 1.5-2.0 weeks,

I'm not 100% positive though how long it's been in actual review since apple's new system seems to switch to waiting for review to in review instantly. probably meaning it's just throwing it one of the reviewers queues? or something.. just seems like their getting really busy.

19. TinyTechnician

TinyTechnician Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Developer
    Los Angeles
    YES! Just moved from "waiting" to "in review". This is for a basic iPhone App (not iPad, not an update or anything). This is day 5 for anyone keeping track...fingers crossed now.

20. I updated PlanetOne and it took 12 hours to be approved...It was a shock.
    I submitted a Lite version at the same time and still waiting but I am assuming that will take 2 weeks.