Lucid - Tell me this wouldn't be perfect for the iPhone.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Aldex Oun, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Aldex Oun

Aldex Oun Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    #1 Aldex Oun, Sep 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2009
    This is a game that's still in development for the PC, but the dev was also considering taking it to the iPhone. I mean, tell me the iPhone isn't a perfect platform to bring this type of game to.

2. K7A7O7S

K7A7O7S Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Full time something...
    St Louis, MO USA
    I could see this being pretty cool on the iDevice. Has anyone talked about porting, or is this just a wish of yours?

3. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    lol I thought this was about the iPod theme

4. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    this game would be great for the idevice but gameplay is similar to azkend and ancient wonderland as in the grouping of the tiles/squares

5. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    [app]Bomboozle[/app] has very similar gameplay where you draw a path of blocks you want to clear. There is also a lite version available ([app]Bomboozle Lite[/app]).

6. Aldex Oun

Aldex Oun Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Well it is a wish of mine, but he has taken it into a consideration. Here's a message he actually sent me through MySpace.

Hey Aldex,

Just saw that you posted the Lucid link. that's cool :)

I was wondering where those hits were coming from and saw that forum address on my youtube video.

btw, Since the video doesn't tell that clearly what the game logic is exactly you could say it is a "Match-All" logic. unlike some of the match games which let you take any blocks whether they are the whole area in Lucid you must find (or form by clearing surrounding areas) areas that you can "paint" with one line. It is really rewarding and therefore addicting :)
    Test plays have gone well.

The PC version is almost ready and I'm finishing the game and at the same time working with distributors to prepare the launch.

Many people have asked me about the iPhone version, but as you know we can't say anything yet at this stage. Too early and people might get it as an announcement that it is coming any day now.

Thanks for your help!

mikko

So yeah, I'm really hoping he does eventually port it. He also said if he does decide to head in that direction, he'll be joining Touch Arcade :).