Triazzle Holiday coming next week

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Big Albie, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    #1 Big Albie, Oct 27, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
    The devs behind Triazzle plan to release a holiday version next week for $.99.

According to the press release...

"Liven up this holiday season with Christmas and Hanukkah themed puzzles that feature animated toys and decorations including: blinking tree lights, glowing ornaments, chomping nutcrackers, and spinning dreidels.

Triazzle Holiday offers 9-piece puzzles in all 4 difficulty levels and uses all of Triazzle’s game features including animated Hints and Shake-to-Solve.

The spirit and music are festive with original holiday melodies plus Triazzle’s own versions of Jingle Bells and Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy from The Nutcracker Suite."

I've attached some screenshots and expect the game next week. You can view the video of the original to get a better idea of the gameplay.

Attached Files:

2. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    I'll definitely buy this :D

3. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    I've been playing a pre-release version, and it has a great soundtrack and the sound effects are very "in the season".

4. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Yeah, I'd expect it would. The original has some amazing sound effects and background noise.

5. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    As you would expect, the game is just as polished as the original.

6. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    Good god, I can't believe it's already 'holiday season'. Life really is short. *single tear

All the more reason to play another version of Triazzle I suppose. I'll be getting this.

7. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Albie, can you confirm that "We Wish you a Merry Christmas" is in the game?

8. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    I cannot confirm nor deny the existence of such music since I've only played an early stage version. I can say that it's very Christmas-sy, for non-Christians, very Hanukkah-ish, and for non-denominational, very holiday-ish. :rolleyes:

I'm sure the dev will join in the thread soon enough. Dan's been pretty good about it in the past.

9. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI
    It's been a few months since Triazzle came out and it remains on my first page in my iPod - the page I refer to as my "favorite 16 games" page.
    (actually, I am loving so many things in my iPod now that it gets so hard to make room for even one game)

Triazzle is a masterpiece. I knew it from the first 25 seconds of the YouTube video I watched on the day of it's release. Dan is a very cool guy as well, getting involved on the forums.

I can't wait until this version comes out and I hope there is much more Triazzle to come in the future. These games celebrate my favorite offerings in video games: Content.

I wonder if it's already been approved. Sounds like it, since they "plan to release it next week" (Dan, if you read this, I have an itch for this new version so sooner than later would be incredible;) )

10. Dan Gilbert

Dan Gilbert Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    Artist, Graphic Designer, Game designer
    California
    Triazzle Holiday Up

Hello All,

I was just logging in to tell you a bit about the new mini-game . . . when my email dings and its iTunes notifying me the App is Up! You can see screen shots and a video at triazzle.com. This is a 99cent game that contains the 9-piece formats only - but with new Holiday themes, art and music. I know everyone would love to see more art and more music, etc. BUT we barely squeaked under to 10M limit. For a 99cent game it was critical for it to be under 10M.

We ARE in process of MAJOR expansions to the full game. This will evolve over several months and will totally change the play structure of Triazzle, adding more formats, more art, progressive play, etc.

The other BIG NEWS is that Triazzle is now in development for Mac & PC online gaming and download. This game will be MUCH bigger than the iPhone game and take Triazzle to a whole new level. It will include an animated storyline, several new Triazzle-like puzzle mechanics including an arcade game and much more!

Gotta Go!!

Dan

11. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Awesome! Link?

12. Dan Gilbert

May 11, 2009
    California
    Not yet visible

While I DID receive the notice, the ap is not yet visible on my iTunes. It may take a few hours!

13. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI
    Still not showing up...

14. Dan Gilbert

May 11, 2009
    California

Attached Files: