iPad Bug Heroes Quest by Foursaken Media -- casual action/adventure/RPG

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Foursaken_Media, Aug 2, 2011.

1. BBD

BBD Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Reno, NV
    Love the idea of Bug Heroes with persistent characters instead of as a high score game. Just finished the first two levels and found them quite fun, however I find it highly annoying that the game doesn't pause when you open the map.

2. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    :eek: Already out?!

Definitely BUYING THIS NOW!!!!!

3. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

This was a conscious design decision... not sure if you're aware, but it becomes transparent when you move around to make finding items and keys easier (while still being able to fight in a limited capacity). But we are listening of course...

4. legowiz

legowiz Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    So, just a quick question...how many characters are there to choose from? I will most likely be buying it regardless, but it would be awesome if all the characters from the original were included in this game :D

5. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Awesome!!!! How do I get health though?? Lol glad you did a 3 day sale on this cheers :) awesome on iPad!!!!!

6. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

You primarily play as the original three heroes, but almost all of the new heroes make a playable cameo appearance during certain missions.

7. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Not sure how many characters total are in the game, but you don't choose the characters. The character you use changes with each mission. At least that's how it is in the beginning.

8. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    WOOOOOOT!!!!!:D

*Hits the purchase button*

1st person on the fence with a US account...I'll gift you a copy! :cool:

Thanks FM! ;)

9. jumpman475

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    LOL if your serious I know someone who isn't quite sure about buying it. Not sure why, but I'll PM you the email

10. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    *Must be a TA member. Have em post in this lovely thread dedicated to BHQ. ;)

11. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

We know it's your email you sent lol

12. BBD

BBD Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Reno, NV
    Didn't realize that it faded out. It still seems to have limited usefulness as a mini-map in the background since there are constantly respawning enemies all over the place... I'd much prefer accessing the map from the pause menu and be able to take my time getting my bearings, and perhaps having a mini-map in the corner. But that could just be me. Regardless, it's definitely not a game-breaking issue, and I'm already hooked. :)

13. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009

Oh well...gift sent. I'll do one more to a Senior Member if FM doesn't mind? Just wanna support one of my favorite iOS Devs since it's a buck with no iaps. :)

14. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Awesome :) But point taken, and we'll be watching other people's feedback on this.

Heck no, thanks for helping us out and spreading the word :)

15. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Sweet! Let's make it two Senior Members to gift Bug Heroes Quest too then. 1st two on the fence, I got you! Please post in thread and I'll pm you. ;)

16. SuRfPiG

SuRfPiG Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2011
    I'm definitely not on the fence but I have to go out a get a new gift card which sucks. If that qualifies me that would be great:) haha

17. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Yep...I'll pm you right now. One more to go... :)

18. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    So how deep is the whole upgrade system in this? I stopped playing bug heroes (excellent game nonetheless) because it just started to feel like too much of an RPG, but this does seem to branch away from that more.

19. dxfan101010

dxfan101010 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Id love one. I bought bug heroes but dont have enough left to buy this.

20. jumpman475

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    LOL Actually it wasn't. I bought this as soon as it popped up. I'm not a cheapskate