Uh oh..New App Store look, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by bravetarget, Dec 12, 2009.

1. bravetarget

bravetarget Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    #1 bravetarget, Dec 12, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  2. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    I like the old style. The new store looks like a step backwords don't ya think?

3. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Not very organized in my opinion.

4. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    whats new...?

5. Tap Dat App

Tap Dat App Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    (You Need iTunes 9 People) Well this link didn't show changes for me, but this one does: http://bit.ly/5z6Ism

The worst part is the Huge Screenshots that look out of place, etc. I miss the click left and right screenshot buttons...I am kinda upset with this now :(

6. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    i see it now...kinda lame/stupid/announced. i dont wanna click on 'more' to read it, im american, everything should come to me naturally :D

7. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    [​IMG]

8. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    congrats...thats proof americans get what they want. now, this new app theme is weird!! im like, searching everywhere to find more! and its right in front of me!!!

9. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

looks.. better.

10. cathy

cathy Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    I like how the info on the left side is organized, but the screenshots look way too big and the 'more' buttons were a stupid move

11. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Like how big the screenshots are now, everything else is okay I guess. Not that it matters that much.

12. Tendog

Tendog Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    CA
    Ah they messed it all up. I really dislike this compared to the old version.

13. Some better parts, some worse. I like the larger icon and the left column. Seems OK at first glance.

Users have to click now to read the description? Seriously?

Now it is even less likely that people will read ANYTHING I put in there!

Very strange and stupid decision in my view.

14. I do like the icons at the bottom for the "Customers Also Bought" section.

15. MadDesignMonkey

MadDesignMonkey Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Game Developer
    Hiding the description was indeed a bad move! You have to click the teeny tiny "See More" text link all the way to the right. Who knows why Apple did this, I doubt they polled devs on this. Some of it seems ok though, it's not all bad. Who knows, maybe they will refine it.

-Randy

16. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I liked the old layout much better..:(
    I like the scrolling through screenshots now though..but especially hate the bright white background

17. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Oh I also like the "Customer Ratings" and "Customer Reviews" section. A lot better now IMO. Though I do agree that they screwed up with the Description part.

18. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

Love the new look!

Any app with average graphics will stand out like a sore thumb. This new look will put a lot of pressure on the graphic designers to improve their craft. The apps and icons are in the customers face. Absolutely no where to hide. I am working on a new art app that is all based on the graphics so this magnified look is going to help me a lot getting my message across. Love it!

19. Uptown Arts

Uptown Arts Well-Known Member

Not that important, really, if we can believe the reports of the percentage of apps that are bought on the device.

20. bravetarget

bravetarget Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Im sure blocking out the app description will free up some bandwidth. Maybe thats why they did it.