The TribeZ (game play discussion)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by girlpower, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Oscar24

Oscar24 Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Scotland
    Hey there. You are right,it does work. However I did it and a warning MSG came up. Can't remember what it said but it did scare me a little at the time.

2. MariahKaraoke

MariahKaraoke New Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Mystery Shores - Parcels?!?

Hi All!

I've been addicted to The Tribez for some time now. I plateaued out at Level 40 weeks before the update yet kept playing and banked well over 6million in gold.

Since the update I've been playing constantly. Probably 5 times a day. (No comments about my addiction please...). I'm moving right along with all the quests EXCEPT for finding parcels on the Mystery Shore. I havent gotten 1 parcel yet! I'm all about being patient but this is crazy.

Any hints? Do I need to break down and buy the parcels with gems?

3. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Hey guys!! I have come over to the tribez! I have just started and am in level 10. I have a lot of reading to do to catch up but was wondering if you guys could give me any beginner pointers. I am playing on my iPhone right now... Hoping for an iPad for birthday/ christmas this year lol. Anyway thanks in advance!!!

4. TexasTed

TexasTed Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Welcome Amsterdam, I am playing the iPhone version also and every day I read this forum also and have been enjoying this game very much for past couple weeks. I had an early problem and had to restart the game but I was on level 4 I think and Aurora was telling me to do something but you had to be level 5. I was locked somehow on this quest, couldn't click on anything else and had to restart. 2nd time around everything has gone smoothly. Main recommendation is to not clear everything and don't build buildings, decorations as soon as they are available - for most things wait until the quest pops up telling you to do things - waiting for the quest will give you credit for doing the task but doing it before the quest may not give credit. Have fun, keep the natives and especially Aurora happy! Also be careful speed clicking through the pop up boxes/menus. Like other people I have accidentally thrown away some gems and ended up with a Level 4 warehouse on my 1st island by speed clicking on the menu box before realizing I was spending some gems.

5. TexasTed

TexasTed Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Dv flyerz

Hello TribeZ/DV friends, in between jumping between islandZ 1 (think everything is completed) and 2 (going up happiness levels, waiting to build more mansions, main building level 8, marble pit, broken idol, etc.) I downloaded a new game this morning, Pocket Planes, and created a Flight Crew called "DV FLYERZ". It may not be for everyone but about an hour in my first impression is it's fun building airports, scheduling flights, moving cargo and people around to different places. There is not as much content yet as this gameZ but it is fun for a couple minutes at a time and has potential. The tutorial is a bit choppy, background music is lacking, but you can choose to build your beginning airport on the different continents around the world and then work towards growing your airport and flights domestic and internationally. Not sure how the Flight Crew thing works yet but I started it, other friends from here can enter the Flight Crew name and then in the background I think we compete "joined together" with others in our crew. Any questions please PM, trying to keep this on topic and related to tribeZ in this forum. There is already a forum for this other game, it started yesterday and is already 32 pages long - not going to read through but wanted to spread the word and wish everyone happy island hopping!

6. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Thank for the tips Ted!! BTW i am from texas lol!

I did click to fast once and think i purchased land, because my gems were gone and land was open. Oops!So, have been watching that. I had been clearing things away, but I think i will take your advice and slow it down and wait. I just get a little impatient sometimes haha I did just figure out you could scoll down on the quest to view them so that should help!

7. Nannilou

Nannilou Member

Jun 14, 2012
    West Lancs
    Hi everyone - another newbie here!
    Addicted to Tribez for the past couple of months, currently lvl 36 on 3rd Island.
    My frustration is waiting for the last parcel from the homes. I need this in order to build a post office - to give me the happiness level to build the household ( I think) - its such a knock -on effect I forget where I'm upto:(.
    Love reading this forum and finally felt comfortable enough to join in.

8. GemSpring

GemSpring Member

Jun 14, 2012
    NOLA, USA
    Hey Nannilou! I'm in the exact position, waiting for parcels to magically appear from my houses! Grrrr... I've had this quest for a few days and the letters came quickly, but this last parcel is driving me insane!

9. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    LOL.....now don't be mean to that ‘all woman' Aurora...too funny :D
    Wow, you've been the busy one...so better pick your brain some more, but anyone can chip in too please :)

Did you get a quest to expand? (youre two bridges ahead of me)

I have now restored the 3 huts....still only 8 workers cos zi don't know where I am supposed to put a villa and a household until I expand.....little bit frustrated ATM as Ive been waiting on a quest asking me to expand to accommodate these large dwellings....they will take up an Island by themselves won't they?

Can't fill the exotic fruit quest (or whatever it's called) cos I've no more fruit trees till some grow back or I expand...managed to find 3/5...GRR :mad:

Money wise, I'm doing okay ($1.2 mil) but expansions can easily chew that up, so I tend to pace myself always remembering it also takes money to make money especially in good earners like the theatres, statues, Sharmans,
    Hotels etc....

On first Island, circus finished and almost finished lvl 1 upgrade quest.
    Third household built and currently on lvl 2 upgrade.
    I also don't know whether to go ahead and expand either?
    Kind of not in too much of a hurry there though as I would rather concentrate on expanding the 4th Isl. just to get some much needed space...
    Haha, we use the ‘can't swing a cat' in NZ too....not sure if I've heard it in Oz?

Maybe a forum member higher up in the game can help us both out with the whole expansion versus quest thing please :)

Haha, me catch you up....oh you do mean progress wise, not points wise right :p

10. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia

Welcome Nannilou, so pleased you have joined in too. :)
    To both yourself and GemSpring.....hang in there and just keep waiting on those annoying parcels....this quest really tried my patience too cos I wanted to get my post office built also....think it's harder when waiting on houses cos you have no control over the timer as opposed to say a quick deal etc from elsewhere.

The only other choice is to spend gems to complete the quest....I promise it will happen though (feels like forever)

11. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #451 girlpower, Jun 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
    Important message

PLEASE DON'T DO IT!!!!! :eek::eek:
    I ‘stupidly' listened to someone not long after I started the first app - curiosity got the better of me cos I didn't believe the poster....yes it worked, yes I got the warning and it then wiped out my friends code...meant I couldn't invite anyone as I no longer HAD a code.....long story short, got it reinstated, but it left me feeling really bad, almost like a cheat (which isnt who I am).

I really wish the devs would of had a safeguard in place so it didn't even work to start with....looks like they still don't :mad:

The person that originally posted this information didn't bother to post on here again either!

12. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #452 girlpower, Jun 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
    Welcome to the latest new posters!

Thanks for joining in and contributing your ideas, levels, advice and queries ;)
    @MeeR....wow, level 44...impressive ;) hope someone on a higher level can help you....Im sure you can give those of us lower down some words of wisdom along the way..hope you stick around :)

@GameAddicted.....hope someone can help you on this...haven't ventured into that terrotory yet, sorry.
    Hehe, I forget the official names of all the stuff too, especially the stone statues etc :)

@MariahKaraoke.....those parcels are tough going alright....hang in there
    LOL, you're not the only one addicted to this app...so many of us can relate :D

@Amsterdam, Texas Ted....WHOO HOO, what else can I say....now where have you been TT.....AWOL on us huh :D...great to have you on board Amsterdam, nice that TT has already given you some good advice to help...enjoy the journey....just watch out for Houdini Ghost planes.....want to know more?
    Well you are gonna have to read this thread to find the answer haha ;)

Just to finish....EVERYBODY still lurking on this thread.....please know you are more than welcome to join in, its the whole reason this was started....I know I'm all over it, but I really just want to see it grow and be a nice place for anyone to feel comfortable enough to join in and share their experiences, advice, questions and hey even rant when necessary....it's all about sharing the good times and the bad...that's life after all.

Some of us do know each other from another thread on here, but it's an open door to everyone so....
    Once and for all....you are all officially welcome! :D

13. Nannilou

Nannilou Member

Jun 14, 2012
    West Lancs
    #453 Nannilou, Jun 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
    Fresh out of patience!

Hi Gemspring we seem to be in at a similar level - have to admit to buying that last parcel :(. Well hey I had persevered for at least a week!
    Just deciding to put another warehouse on each island in preparation for the big push... Quite a way off yet I know but I'm sure they won't go to waste!

Anyone else finding the 'jagged' outline of the islands annoying? When space is limited you can't 'tuck' things neatly in a corner grrr...

14. Nannilou

Nannilou Member

Jun 14, 2012
    West Lancs
    Getting a bit muddled trying to write a post ( complete novice at this)
    I have another quick question - Can anyone tell me the max. No. of people on each island?
    I currently have 44 on 1st, 22 on 2nd and 22 on 3rd which is never enough.
    Thanks for your replies. :)

15. Rodmark

Rodmark Well-Known Member

May 11, 2012
    I can't find what I need for the circus. I have search the pilot tent for days now and I'm still missing the top hats! Gggrrrrr ;o)

16. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    I'm in the same boat but I at least found ONE hat. It's random, but the odds are against you. Just keep at it (use use gems...).

17. MeeR

MeeR Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Maximum population achievable on each island is currently 49, since the happiness level is limited to 49 :) and since you now can send resources around you can build anything anywhere, if you have the space for it that is hhehe

18. MeeR

MeeR Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Dont rush your progress on the first island m8 because (spoiler alert) ......... After building the circus you won't have any quests left, you don't even have to go past the expansion of the bridge ... Progress beyond that is linked to progress of a quest chain on island 4, which I am currently stuck on for lame programming failures:( (the corals quest on island 4)

19. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    No I don't think I'll catch you up points wise so don't worry there!!

I haven't had any quests that ask you to expand, they're all a bit more indirect! I was told to find the sub, so that meant you needed to expand to get there. Also told to build a cottage for Dzu and when you click on find it shows you the blacked out house on one of the other islands, haven't done that yet due to lack of funds!!

I now have 3 new quests, to build 2 households, a hotel, 3 trading posts and 3 candy shops, place 2 signs and 4 idols. Where the hell do they want me to put that lot???? :mad: unfortunately I don't possess magic powers and can't change water into land!!!!

Even if you expand into all the available areas I don't think there would be enough too for all of that! It's getting a bit silly :(

Think I will stop the quests for now and spend a few days making some more money and sand!

20. MadBomber55

MadBomber55 New Member

Jun 7, 2012
    How do you use the raft? I get messages tat "you don't know how to use that yet".

How can you find marble? I can't build some of the buildings in my queue without it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thx.