Chiptune Runner (by Evil Indie Games)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Evil Indie Games, May 9, 2013.

1. Evil Indie Games

Evil Indie Games Well-Known Member

#1 Evil Indie Games, May 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  2. Evil Indie Games

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I am unsure about this but Evil Indie's got a great track record. I can't get the YouTube clip up (due to work filters) but I assume this will be an abstract endless runner game; it could be interesting.

4. Evil Indie Games

Just to reveal some details, Chiptune Runner will be the mix of music sequencer and music runner game with quite new game mechanics.
    It will support full music sequencer (editor) and each level of the game will be specific song. When playing you modify the song in the real time to protect Chiptune Runner against saws, bombs, gaps and other stuff... Finally you will fight against bosses. You will be able also to create own levels (songs) and share them.

Some editor views:
    [​IMG]

We hope you like the idea.

5. Can it be used just as a chiptune DAW [only making music]? If yes, count me in :D

6. Evil Indie Games

Yeap, it can be used as chiptune DAW, including export song to mp3 and sharing functionality. There will be also option to set avatar and rate songs / levels composed by others.

[​IMG]

7. Yeah!

Copypaste between apps?
    Audiobus compatibility?
    Estimate release date?

I'll totally buy this :D

8. Evil Indie Games

#8 Evil Indie Games, May 28, 2013
    Last edited: May 28, 2013
    At present we are considering audio modification functionality but probably audiobus / copy paste between apps functions will not be present in initial release but will be added in first updates (also recording own samples).

Estimated release date is July / August 2013.
    We focus mostly on two things: making good music game with addictive and simple gameplay and providing fully functional music sequencer which can be used to create levels for the game.

[​IMG]

9. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I watched the trailer and feel strangely compelled to explore Chiptune Runner even though I have even less of any idea what the gameplay is like than I did before.

10. Chiptune Runner

Jun 8, 2013
    Chiptune Runner / Videogame Hero
    Chiptune Runner needs your help!

Hey toucharcaders!
    We need some of your help with english language: It should be "choose levels' difficulty" or something like "choose your level" better???

Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

Every difficulty mode (easy, medium and hard) will have different levels with different epic boss fights)...
    We appreciate all your suggestions and support for Chiptune Runner game development!:)

11. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #11 undeadcow, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
    I think "chose difficulty level" would be best.

12. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Keep it simple:

Choose Difficulty

:cool:

13. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    ...or even just Difficulty

14. Evil Indie Games

Chiptune Runner just around the corner, television advertisement!

Hi,

Finally the Chiptune Runner game is ready and will be released soon, so take a look on the television advertisement of the game.

More videos showing boss fights, level / song composer, sharing songs, etc. will be published soon :).