Universal Tappy Lander! Tricks, Traps, Trailer!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Eggroll Games, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Eggroll Games

Eggroll Games Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Developer
    Winston Salem
    Hello everyone!

Since 2011, Eggroll Games has been making kids apps for iOS. However, this year we're ready to branch out and make the kinds of games that we personally love.

I'd like to announce our first non-kids app.

You can find updates on Tappy's progress, read my dev diaries or ask questions at the Tappy Lander page on Facebook

I'm also happy to answer your questions here and will update this thread as much as possible.

Thanks for supporting us!

2. Eggroll Games

Sep 1, 2012
    Developer
    Winston Salem
    I just wanted to update everyone on the game features. I will do my best to continue updating this post. The game is coming along and we are expecting to submit within a week or two. You can also keep up to date by subscribing to the dev diary or liking Tappy Lander on Facebook

FEATURES:

• Endless gameplay! Cash in your points to level up at the end of each run or go for a big score by risking it! One wrong move and you lose everything!

• Trick landings! Use the game physics to slide or bounce your way to big bonus points!

• Traps and Pickups! Maneuver through random trap screens to survive another run and pick up hard to reach items for more points.

• Disks and Rocket Styles! Collect all the disks, each with their own unique message. Unlock new rocket styles when you level up!

• Game Center! Leaderboards for high score, biggest bounce and longest slide! Achievements too!

3. Eggroll Games

Sep 1, 2012
    Developer
    Winston Salem
    Here is Tappy Lander Dev Diary #1. It's about why I chose the name "Tappy Lander".

[​IMG]

In other news, I am currently adding new ship designs. There are rocket designs inspired by Mass Effect, Star Trek, NASA, The 80s, etc. that you will unlock by leveling up.

4. Eggroll Games

Sep 1, 2012
    Developer
    Winston Salem
    Today I added more achievements and I'm experimenting with adding a "Best Run" Game Center leaderboard that tracks each landing one at a time. This gives you another high score to shoot for.

5. Eggroll Games

Sep 1, 2012
    Developer
    Winston Salem
    Just added a fifth entry to the dev diary about physics and tricks where I talk about the physics engine, emergent gameplay tricks and achievements.

6. Eggroll Games

Sep 1, 2012
    Developer
    Winston Salem
    Added a new rocket design called "Hot Sauce"

[​IMG]

7. Eggroll Games

Sep 1, 2012
    Developer
    Winston Salem
    We have decided on this icon for Tappy Lander! I'd love to hear your thoughts. Here is the trailer for context: Tappy Lander Trailer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Eggroll Games

Sep 1, 2012
    Developer
    Winston Salem
    We have officially submitted the app!

9. Eggroll Games

Sep 1, 2012
    Developer
    Winston Salem
  10. Eggroll Games

Sep 1, 2012
    Developer
    Winston Salem
    Tappy Lander is now available on the App Store! A sincere thank you to the Touch Arcade community for your help and support in making this happen! I hope to see you on the leaderboards!

Rocket Valet! Galaxy Landing Service

Eggroll Games LLC
    "This game is a home run! I love this [BLEEP] game. In my top 5 all time games. No BS." - Touch Arcade Forums A cloudy …
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    "This game is a home run! I love this [BLEEP] game. In my top 5 all time games. No BS." - Touch Arcade Forums A cloudy moon illuminates the quiet planet. With practiced precision, you carefully navigate mazes of deadly traps to reach your goal: a small landing target outside the dark city. If you survive, you must choose to cash in your points or risk it all on another run. Do you have what it takes to become a leaderboard legend? Thank you all for the wonderful feedback. Here's what people are saying about Rocket Valet! Galaxy Landing Service: "Seriously the most fun game I've played in a while on the iPhone. Love the leaderboards and the disks." "They nailed the controls on this game!" "There should be a warning label on this game." "I'm officially addicted." "Well done. I just played this for an hour straight!" "This game is friggin addicting as all get out!"
    Information
    Seller:Eggroll Games LLC
    Genre:Action, Simulation, Arcade
    Release:May 05, 2014
    Updated:Oct 08, 2014
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

11. Eggroll Games

Sep 1, 2012
    Developer
    Winston Salem
    Tappy Lander is now available on the App Store! A sincere thank you to the Touch Arcade community for your help and support in making this happen! I hope to see you on the leaderboards!

Eggroll Games LLC
    "This game is a home run! I love this [BLEEP] game. In my top 5 all time games. No BS." - Touch Arcade Forums A cloudy …
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    "This game is a home run! I love this [BLEEP] game. In my top 5 all time games. No BS." - Touch Arcade Forums A cloudy moon illuminates the quiet planet. With practiced precision, you carefully navigate mazes of deadly traps to reach your goal: a small landing target outside the dark city. If you survive, you must choose to cash in your points or risk it all on another run. Do you have what it takes to become a leaderboard legend? Thank you all for the wonderful feedback. Here's what people are saying about Rocket Valet! Galaxy Landing Service: "Seriously the most fun game I've played in a while on the iPhone. Love the leaderboards and the disks." "They nailed the controls on this game!" "There should be a warning label on this game." "I'm officially addicted." "Well done. I just played this for an hour straight!" "This game is friggin addicting as all get out!"
    Information
    Version:

12. Eggroll Games

Sep 1, 2012
    Developer
    Winston Salem

Eggroll Games LLC
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Information
    Version:

13. Eggroll Games

Sep 1, 2012
    Developer
    Winston Salem
    Hello! Tappy Lander v1.1 has been submitted and will include three new rocket flavors: Lovely Bacon, Tinker Toy and X-Thing Fighter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]