Forgotten Memories - A psychological survival horror

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by kugi_igi, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tatoforever

tatoforever Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Definitely not a bad idea. Gotta write it down in the magic book of wishes! :D

2. LCDDreams

LCDDreams Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    Lol there will be a way to get that mode - just requires a trip to your nearby drug "store".

Seriously though, this video is just stunning! The visuals, the audio, the ambience are all amazing. Reminds me of SH:Origins on the PSP mixed with some Amnesia. And wow, that battle was intense! Can't wait to play this!

3. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    P.S. Include kittens

4. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #1984 tatoforever, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
    Btw, those levels that you just saw, aren't even polished, we going to add more stuff (dynamic cloth to the windows, a hellish huge amount of particles and more details everywhere). :)
    The monster in that video we call them "DarkFog" monsters, there's also shadows (which project them-self into scene objects), ghosts, humanoid mutants, possessions and all kind of creepy creatures you can't even imagine!
    Some monsters are sensible to light (shadows, fog), notice how the dynamic fog react to light and dissipates onto it. Others are sensible to other materials like electricity. The hud that you just saw is a dynamic Hud (not the in-depth-inventory) it serves as a quick weapon swap without leaving/pausing the game. We also have a huge variety of combats and more weapons not seen in that video!
    Till then, enjoy!

5. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Dry powder is for pussies my friend.

6. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Be sure to make the camera control well. Hard to play while dealing with the camera position to see what's going on. Especially on the touch screen.

7. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Rest in peace, they are easy, natural and smooth. You'll love it! ;)

8. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #1988 tatoforever, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
    @redribon,
    Yes scenery shadows (moon light shadows, etc) will be added soon. We have a combination of lightmapping, dynamic shadows from multiple light sources, light probes (that encode direct/indirect lighting for dynamic objects) and dynamic (pixel) lighting. The flashlight however was casting dynamic soft-shadows, did you saw it? Btw, I've implemented a deferred shadow system that allow various sources of shadows in one single pass! Still the whole process is heavy for mobile but it's running smoothly on our end! Don't worry this is just the beginning of Forgotten Memories graphical showcase! ;)

9. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    I love how the presence of a toilet is mandatory in every horror game ever released .:D
    Anyway i hope this will be released before year's end .

10. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    @fulcizombie,
    Cross your fingers (and toes)! :D

11. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    Well judging by that recent video and that stuff you just said, I'm guessing this won't work on iPad 1? :'(

12. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic

I call it iOS revolution :)
    New quality level of iOS gaming...

13. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    2:18 Nice effect :p

14. kukulcan

kukulcan Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    You didn't notice any realtime shadows? But you noticed the faked moonlight shadows? Very selective vision!

15. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Hello Alex! :)
    iPad1 have significant quality reduction (textures, screen, no dynamic pixel lighting/shadows, no post-effects).
    There's no magic when it comes to draw polygons and pixels on the screen. (unfortunately). :D
    People asked to be able to play FM on their iPads1 and iTouches4. There you go! :D
    Warm regards from Psychoz-Team.

16. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    Thank you for the response, so you're saying it works? :) I don't mind that there are graphical reductions, just as long as I can play :)

17. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Everything runs fast on the iPhone5. Shadows have the maximum resolution (2048*2048), textures have maximum resolution, on top of that we have AA running freely. It's a little beast yeah. Unfortunately (even having the same screen resolution) the iTouch5 isn't like the iPhone5, it has internal hardware of iPhone4S but still the video I've shown was A5 hardware (ipad2). On iPad3 and iPhone5 everything is maxed out. Oh yeah, it also runs smoothly! ;)
    Cheers,

18. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Glad to hear it. Can't wait for more gameplay Tato, very impressive work as usual.

19. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    If you have the chance to upgrade your device, do it. You won't regret (not only for FM but also upcoming games will be enhanced on newer devices). ;)
    Cheers,

20. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Soon! ;)