PR Release

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by drewse, Jul 28, 2010.

1. drewse

drewse Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Hi Everyone!

I'm planning on posting a PR release for my newest app on prMac.com, as I've heard they're the best. Does anyone have suggestions on writing an iPhone PR release? There's tons of tips online about writing a general PR release, but I haven't seen any for the iPhone specifically.

I've already written a draft, so if anyone wouldn't mind reading mine over and giving me some tips, let me know and I can post it here or send it to you in a PM. I have absolutely no experience, so any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks,
    Drew

2. Sure, send it my way and I'll have a look if you want.

3. egarayblas

egarayblas Well-Known Member

"Web Copy that Sells" by Maria Veloso is a good read if you're looking at creating web press releases. :)

4. drewse

drewse Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    @egarayblas, thanks for the recommendation. I'll look into it.

@FoolishSteve, thank you for offering to do this. I'm doing some revising now but I can probably send it to you in a few days if you're still interested.

5. Sure, go for it.

6. UtopianGames.co.uk

UtopianGames.co.uk Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

Has anyone else used prMac.com and could you post about the experience?

Regards,

Darren.

7. NickFalk

NickFalk Well-Known Member

I've used them on several occasions. Satisfied with the level of service and price. Hard to tell what impact they have though, as the majority of pickups have been smaller sites. I've experienced a small spike in webtraffic whenever I've posted through prMac and a healthy range of retweets from different sources.

Just how effective the service is I can't say, as the "newsworthiness" of each press release, as well as the of the copy, is a huge part of the equation...

8. anadin

anadin Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2008
    Games Producer
    Melbourne, Australia
    I have used them a few times, they seem to work well, also consider gamespress.com