RPG' or other game genres s with Class changes?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Genetrik, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Genetrik

Genetrik New Member

Dec 24, 2011
    #1 Genetrik, Dec 24, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
    Hey guys,

I am a huge fan of the Fire Emblem series and the reason for that are the class changes that have been implemented there. It feels unbelievable great to advance the characters to a certain point where they can change their class and become something else.

I bought today Battle for Wesnoth HD because I found out that class changes are possible there. However I didn't really fall in love with the game (yet?).

Now I know that there are just a few other Fire Emblem clones like War of Eustrath HD or Ravenmark but do they have class changes like in Fire Emblem?

However it doesn't necessarily have to be a Fire Emblem clone. Are their any other games (e.g. Action RPG's) that offer this?

Cheers

2. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

Final Fantasy 3, and I think maybe Chronotrigger

3. Genetrik

Genetrik New Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Thanks for the fast reply. Chrone Trigger is next to Suikoden II my all time favorite and I am still contemplating if I should buy it for IOS. However as far as I remember Chrono didn't have a class change - at least nothing like where the charakter becomes something else and also looks differently. Another example that comes to my mind is the fantastic Vandal Hearts (IOS port please!!!).
    As for Final Fantasy III - well I don't know that game so well but I think it might be just too big for me. Of course there is FF Tactics but the job system there looks really complicated and I don't think it is exactly what I am looking for (but please correct me if I am wrong)

4. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
  5. Genetrik

Genetrik New Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Bump
    Quest of Wesnoth is by the way getting better. Still not what made the Fire Emblem series so addictive to me but nevertheless quite a good game it seems

6. MrOstrich

MrOstrich Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Well, the Tactics job system really isnt hard. You start with basic classes unlocked with your character, being a squire and a chemist. You gain job levels and you unlock new classes.

For instance. Level 2 chemist = black and white mage
    level 2 black mage = time mage
    level 2 white mage = oracle

level 4 white mage, level 4 black mage, level 3 oracle, level 3 time mage = calculator

The calculator is a top tier complicated job. Its really not that hard, you just have to understand jobs build into each other.