ZENONIA 5 | by GAMEVIL inc.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by KPOPLOVER, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009

Source: https://twitter.com/GAMEVIL/status/274331757665468416

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
  3. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    No, what they're saying is the Google Market is a lot more lenient as far as guidelines for submission (they can just about literally submit any app and make it available same-day whereas Apple has a process for submitting that has to fit into their listed criteria before being approved) of an app.

I'm sure Gamevil is/has been working on both concurrently, but it's Apple's more stern criteria Gamevil has to follow in order for the game to be approved. Some people may dislike Apple for this, but I (as a gamer) like it because the Appstore is less saturated with misleading crap in comparison to the Google Market.

4. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    Apparently, the Samsung is really popular in S. Korea, so they build the game on that first.

5. picoro

picoro Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Exactly.

6. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

That is a big load of shit. The same crap in the play store. started in the itunes store.

Android phones have 53% of world market share; Android tablets are up to 44% of the world market, it only makes sense devs start publishing on Android first. Expect to see this more and more.

Game is awesome btw. :D

7. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    What if apple approves this sooner then they think? If they sent it for approval that is.

8. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Gamevil really irritates me. I'll still play some of their games but their IAP history and wifi whoring makes me hate them A LOT. I'm sure their classic games still do well and they don't need wifi. Plus, Asura Cross doesn't need wifi either (and I've kept it on my ipod). They're probably hoarding their favorite games. But again, they probably think everyone who is on iOS owns and iphone so they won't even care.

9. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    #349 bramblett05, Dec 1, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
    Been reading gamevil fourms and I bet this comes out this month unless gamevil has a contract with google play or droid. Truthfully if that's the case then they can stop marketing their games unless a week or 2 in advance not tease us about its coming soon and then say its coming in January how the hell is that soon when we knew about earlier then November?

If they sent it in for review it should be here within a few weeks but I don't believe jan. I'm playing one through 4 to get ready but I still don't understand gamevil Korea's marketing plan. iOS and droid users been wanting it but to come on a I believe a iOS game fourm (mostly) and then give it to droid is pretty sh!tty and other way around.

Just release either same day or one day or at most a week apart. By the way what ever happened to the 2 zenonias? They said they were working on 2 that would be out this year.

10. picoro

picoro Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Tweet directly from Gamevil USAs' Twitter.(Link to Gamevils' twitter HERE)

"We are sorry about the Kalvin. It will be releasing early January so we ask to wait till then! Thank you!!"

(BTW if you ask me this is OUTRAGEOUS I feel so bad for you guys :/)

(Also there is a typo it says "Sorry about the Kalvin" it should say "Sorry about that Kalvin" that is sad...)

11. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    If we're still alive that is ^^

12. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    I know its January but think how many games had a "set" date only to be released early. It may say jan but I'm hoping for this month

13. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Saw that Comment last Week when Zenonia 5 launched on Google Play and asked myself how much could it contain truth. Same as with those delays between Console/PC Builds I currently can`t answer it myself.

14. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Gamevil sucks as a marketer point blank

15. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Look we don`t know all Facts so far why the Game might have been pulled till 2013 but if it`s true it would be at least nice to know why it was pulled.

As far as I can tell you it`s at least not as messed up as with Epic Games Infinity Blade: Dungeons.

16. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    It's zenonia not some scam app for all we know gamevil has a contract with droid or google. Epic stated it wasn't ready yet not blaming the App Store as a excuse

17. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Sounds like Gamevil's reasoning as well. I mean why would they want to hold Zenonia 5 during high season for buying new Apple devices and gift cards as gifts? I'd think they'd want to make money like all Devs...

I'd rather they take their time to make a proper release opposed to rushing it.

18. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    It's on droid they got the iOS done.

19. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Maybe you should re-read their Twitter response as to why it's not on iOS yet.

20. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Don't worry ur not missing out on anything new or innovative the armor and weapon don't even look different on you :( plus By the time i got to level 20 the monsters are already level 30 +