Free-App Hero: half price

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Herosoft Ltd, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herosoft Ltd

Herosoft Ltd Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2010
    To celebrate our great review on Cult Of Mac we're having a one-day half-price sale.

"At the top of our must-have apps list this week is Free-App Hero, a fantastic app tracker maintained by experienced, professional game reviewers with an encyclopaedic knowledge of thousands of iOS apps... If you’re mad about gaming on your iOS device, but find yourself spending way too much in the App Store, then Free-App Hero is definitely worth the 2 bucks!"

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/free-app-hero/id403095549?mt=8

We've updated FAH since then for faster loading too, so imagine how much they'd have liked it at ONE buck...

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yep I've got this and its very good. Its very cheap, within the first 10 minutes i had found a few free games which were excellent. Wouldnt have known about them if it wasnt for this app. It gets updated quite a lot with some nice little reviews and a screenshot.

Another one of those apps i like to look at frequently to see what free gems i might have missed.

Well worth it

3. Herosoft Ltd

Nov 23, 2010
    Glad you like it! We update with new games at least once a day, and it's definitely worth checking more often than that - yesterday, for example, Cavers and Shoot The Bulb were only free for about 12 hours, and easily missed.

4. Sensei

Sensei Well-Known Member

May 30, 2010
    Teacher, writer
    Japan
    I like it too. Nice interface and it really sifts out the garbage. It would be great if it had some form of push notification, because sometimes I miss the good ones. Still great app.

5. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Picked this up. Normally, I don't like all of these free-app aps and just rely on here an App Shopper to keep me updated. But this app seems great so far. Really seems to do a good job of weeding out all of the garbage. Worth the $.99 to support the dev's effort.

6. Herosoft Ltd

Nov 23, 2010
    The problem with push notifications is that they're so slow and unreliable you'd probably still miss anything that was only free for a few hours, as with Cavers and Shoot The Bulb. They're expensive, too...

7. Herosoft Ltd

Nov 23, 2010
    #7 Herosoft Ltd, Feb 16, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
    Price now back to normal, but by way of compensation we've added the reviews of all previously-featured (ie now paid) games, just in case you want to read them anyway and find out whether the game's worth hard cash.

FAH now contains close to 400 professional reviews - where can you buy a magazine like that these days for two bucks...?

8. gtcharlie

gtcharlie Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Picked the app up yesterday and am very happy I did. Different from other apps in that it gives in depth reviews on a few apps rather than just a list and app store description of everything on sale. Think it was money well spent.