Will you be getting the 2 new Fieldrunners maps?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dominator246, Dec 28, 2009.

?

Will you be purchasing the new Fieldrunners maps?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. No

59 vote(s)
    73.8%
  1. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Just curious to see how many people are willing to pay $2 for 2 maps. Count me in :D lol

2. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    No. That's $2.38AUD for the 2 maps.

3. craighauser

craighauser Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    the only good one is the grass one anyways.

4. pcmaster

pcmaster Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    yea it is worth it with all of the new towers it will hopefully have its only 1$ per map.. anyway i have $18 on itunes

5. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    The new maps should be free, well one of them at least. Fieldrunners hasn't received an update in about a year, and the new update requires you to pay to get the new features? I think not!

6. kijib

kijib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Incredibly successful Brain Surgeoune
    Pokemon World
    the devs are unbelievably greedy

7. Spocket

Spocket Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    I only liked Grasslands and Crossroads of the original 3, so I don't see myself buying the air map, but possibly the snow map after I see some feedback. I agree that they are being very greedy with this.

Question for someone who has bought:
    The tower that comes with the map purchase, is it usable in other levels?

8. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Yes, they're extremely greedy because they are charging $1 for each map that they probably spend upwards of 20 hours designing.

The $1 App Store mentality has affected too many people . . .

9. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    the game is the same price on the PSP with the current 3, the next 2, and a PSP exclusive for the same price. COunt me out.

10. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    i agree

11. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

No.
    #1 I think the game is the worst $2.99 I've ever spent: the game poses no challenge and has a ridiculously slow pace (it's also the only TD game I know that is slow but does not have a fast forward function until the very end of the level, how stupid Oo )
    #2 A game that hasn't received proper updates for such a long time is suddenly charging money for an extra map? Yeah how thoughtful, it's like a sudden thought to snatch even more money just popped out of nowhere

12. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I'm still on the edge. I was going to purchase one of them but got an error message that didn't make any sense. Tried purchasing the other, got a different error message that still didn't make any sense. So I guess not

13. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    You guys are a pair of idiots. You probably spend all day calling your parents greedy because they don't give you enough allowance.

14. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Well 1.99 can get you some pretty good games in the App Store nowadays. It's a tough call. I can't even get myself to play the original maps anymore even after letting go of the game for almost a whole year.

15. tonyunreal

tonyunreal Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Yes. I've been wait so long for this update, now I can finally play the new maps in the psp version. :)

The price is a bit disappointing though, now the iPhone version is almost the same price as the psp version, I've seen it on the playstation store but I prefer to play it on my iPod touch rather than my bulky psp. They should make the new maps into a $0.99 bundle and lower the game price to $0.99.

16. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Co-owner and CTO at Color Monkey
    Sweden
    Bought them right away, you get a lot of playtime for $2. And I can assure you that it took a lot longer than 20 hours to do these two levels, I'd say at least two weeks, probably closer to four weeks.

17. zamansimba

zamansimba Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    no, i would not

18. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    + 1

#3 They Vanished from their forums, without even announcing it, they like totally abandoned it for any inputs, Now they suddenly show up & ask for More money?

19. Asphyxiation

Asphyxiation Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    The price is fine. It taking so long is not.

20. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

Fieldrunners was the first TD game in the AppStore, featuring comic-like but still realistic graphics with great animations. I even played it in the first version without sound and loved it. But the TD wave is over and several others like Sentinel, geoDefense and 7 Cities raised the bar and many players now expect something more like drop the towers and relax, because you don't have to do anything.

I downloaded the update and while I appreciate the new OpenFeint and the achievements, I immediately fell asleep while playing the first map. Still only three upgrade levels? Still no fast-forward? I was able to just sit out 50 (!) waves with sound muted and let the game play and finish everything by itself with only loosing one life.

So, I will not buy the new maps. I won't ever play them. Fieldrunners is a nice beginners TD game, but I've grown up ;).