Appirater and Unity...Can't get it to work

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by matador1978, Sep 4, 2012.

1. matador1978

matador1978 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Hello everyone,

I can't for the life of me get Appirater to work with Unity for iOS.
    Tried for days...
    Integrating Push Notifications was so easy compared to this...although it involved way more complicated steps than Appirater

I thought I had it, but even with Debug set to Yes, the Rate me dialog never appears...

My app has an Apple ID, but I have never published the App, just signed it up in order to get the Apple ID, never uploaded a binary etc
    So the App is not yet available on the Store...might that be the problem?
    If yes, how do I test if it works? Do I have to go live with the App and THEN only see if it works???

If anyone can share some knowledge and insight on how to make Appirater work with Unity, I would be very thankful.

Kind regards

2. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

Appirater...bad name choice! Thought it was some pirating thing.

As I understand it, all this code does is allow a popup after a user has played the game x amount of times, which is simply a link to the appstore page so users can rate the app.

Unless I'm missing something this would be extremely easy to program yourself with one line of code. Appirater was released back when apps were still being "rated on delete" so devs started adding their own "rate me" popups.

Sorry if I'm missing something here.