Saucelifter 1.2 update submitted!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by skamando, Jun 25, 2009.

1. skamando

skamando Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Student
    Folsom, CA
    #1 skamando, Jun 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
    I'm not certain as to what's included, but I remember Madgarden saying about some exciting things he was putting into this one. Being the game's unofficial pimp, I am extremely excited. Hey, Madgarden, You want report on the features?

It appears there are some new enemy units, called Reptoids, I believe, that can be picked up like the refugees, but they attack your refugees in your ship, and if the Reptoids win, they jack your saucer and destroy it. But if you pick up enough refugees, they can kill the Reptoid.

There also appears to be "Super Tanks" with homing missles.

As well as a few other surprises.

Here's a video of the new version I discovered via Madgarden's Twitter.

The guy in this is doing amazingly, but I think he's on a computer, not an iDevice.

Video

Watch the video to see the new stuff and the "surprise"!

2. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009

I love saucelifter!!! Absolutely a hidden gem on the app store. The homing missles look like they would make short work of me, at my current skill level:) I suck!! Like bad!!

3. skamando

Feb 26, 2009
    Student
    Folsom, CA
    Lol. Same here. But that video is just plain exciting. It's looking very impressive.

4. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    Thanks for reminding me that I need to play more saucelifter. Just had the best run ever!! Still sucky, but the best I'VE been able to do.

5. Madgarden

Madgarden Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Galactic Game Creation Overlord
    Kitchener, ON
    Hey skamando, you're my hero!

Well, you've pretty much covered the new features, and that video is of the Windows version, and it's identical to the iPhone version. So as you can see, lots of new stuff!

Though, I'm surprised you didn't see the lightning tower and spinner cannon, as they're already in 1.1.

Yes, the new version has Reptoids! And a hangar with an extra life/powerup saucer in it, as well as the tank upgrade which fires flak shots. Also, the saucer has been souped up a little, so it's easier to kick some butt. I felt it was a bit underpowered before... I mean, it's a frickin' saucer, right? ;)

And call me crazy, but I'll be releasing the Windows version next week some time, for free! Really excited about this update... I had a blast with it. I love the new tank, heh.

6. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    Way to go man, I love the game way more than any choplifter/chopper game I've played. I cannot commend the graphics enough. Reminds me of the cutscenes in the original flashback (still haven't played the iphone version). The update looks intense and the reptoids will definitely make the pickups much more frantic. As far as Skamando, he should be your hero, as he makes it a point to push the game. Everybodies got a game they whore!!:) For me it's CS.one and Rasta Monkey. My last dying breath will probably be telling people to buy either one:)

7. zipper

zipper Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    I really love saucelifter, a game like this needs more attention! It's also great to see updates for it, great developer.

8. skamando

Feb 26, 2009
    Student
    Folsom, CA
    #8 skamando, Jun 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
    Well, I think I do remember seeing the lightning tower in 1.1. But not the spinner cannon. But this update is awesome. Thanks again, madgarden for more of an amazing product.