PureSkate 2 by Orbi Labs

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by orbilabs, Jan 4, 2015.

1. orbilabs

orbilabs Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Hello folks,

I’m stoked to announce the upcoming release of PureSkate 2! We've been VERY hard at work on this title for well over 2 years. Its been a labor of love, and I couldn’t be more pleased about its impending release.

iPhone 6 App Preview:

Release Date:
    January 2015 (aka SOON, its in review now)

Platforms:
    iPhone 5+ (iPad coming soon), iOS 8.0+

Price:
    $1.99 USD

PureSkate 2 is a player-based iOS skateboarding game. It differentiates itself from the current handful of very successful and awesome iOS skate games (ie True Skate and TouchGrind Skate 2) in that there is actually a real skater player you control using intuitive touch based mechanics.

It is based on the same and very much loved PureSkate released for iOS in September 2011, with many enhancements and improvements. Much like the first, PureSkate 2 is somewhat a niche game, targeted at folks that like skateboarding games (ie your mom probably won’t like it), however we believe the gameplay has been improved significantly in terms of FUN factor, and what is possible from a mobile skate game.

iTunes text and screenshots below:

The most fun and immersive skateboarding game ever.

When you play PureSkate 2, *you* are the skater, using your fingers and your device to catch air and perform tricks you never thought possible. Watch and feel as your skater reacts to each and every push, ollie, bump, tilt, and grind you perform.

Note: Recommended on iPhone 5 and higher.

Features:
    - Intuitive touch controls
    - Free form flips and shuvs, grinds and slides, grabs, manuals, ollies, and nollies in combinations limited only by your imagination
    - Skater that responds to your control
    - Completely free roam world
    - Many replayable missions
    - Skate, build up your skills, skate bigger
    - Custom Decks and Boards (additional skaters coming soon!)

PureSkate 2 comes with one unlockable Skate Park for in-game Bucks you earn by skating and beating missions. Future skate parks, decks, wheels, skaters, and skill points are all unlockable via in-game Bucks. An unlimited number of in-game Bucks can be earned by skating and beating missions, or you can optionally accelerate your progress with In-App Purchases.

*INTRODUCTORY PRICE* Price will go up as new levels and content is released.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Feedback or questions of any kind is always appreciated! We'll post again with some codes once its out.

Thanks!
    Bob
    @orbilabs

2. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Looks great guys ;)

3. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Looks awesome! Are you making this universal or are you making a separate app?

4. orbilabs

orbilabs Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Thanks Rich!

5. orbilabs

orbilabs Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    We're definitely planning on making it universal. The original PureSkate benefited hugely from the increased screen real estate, so its a super high priority to get an iPad version out there. Hopefully within the next few months it will be ready.

6. magicfreak

magicfreak Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2014
    Research /GamingSoon @AppAdvice.com
    Looking Forward

7. orbilabs

orbilabs Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    As are we... soon!

8. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    Looks kind of fugly but the gameplay looks awesome

9. orbilabs

orbilabs Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Ha, indeed! A very astute opinion, we definitely focused on gameplay. It would be rather helpful to us to be explicit, could you comment what specifically is fugly - the scenery, the character, the UI, etc.? I think I know, but would love it spelled out for us. Thanks for the comment!!

10. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI
    Wow, that looks like something that would come out 4 years ago

Hope the gameplay is good, because graphically...horrid

11. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I think this looks pretty cool. I've played the other big skateboard sims, but I think the concept for this is really cool since it appears to have the control of those games but more of a Tony Hawk style gameplay. Maybe? I don't know. I guess I'll have to try it and find out!

12. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I would love to see an iPad specific version.
    Does look fun.

13. orbilabs

orbilabs Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    #13 orbilabs, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
    In response to: colorsound

Thanks for the comment, it is very much appreciated - we can't disagree with you, and only wished we had the budget/talent to do the high level of graphics that are expected these days.

The meat is really in the gameplay, and we believe it can stand alone and provide a good experience for those with a hankering for a modern day THPS.

Having said that we did put an emphasis on the player graphics to hit a reasonable stride between "real" and "cartoony" or even 8-bit. Hopefully we didn't miss that mark too much, and do recognize the levels fall flat in spots. If you feel even this is crazy talk, please let us know!

14. orbilabs

orbilabs Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    We definitely developed PureSkate 2 as a mix between THPS (tony hawk pro skater) and modern day touch controls, scoring schemes, and eventually multi-player. It will be an evolution and there is lots on the books, so we're excited to see where it is driven and pushed to based on feedback after its release.