Setting Up Cocos2d

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by drewse, Mar 27, 2010.

1. drewse

drewse Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    I need a little help with setting up Cocos2d. I'm trying to get started, but everything I find on the internet leaves me with thousands of errors from Xcode when I try to run it. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Does anyone know of some beginner mistakes I may be making or know of a good tutorial on how to start? On a side note, I'm also trying to set up the Cocos2d templates. I used the console and installed the install_template.sh successfully, but even when I open Xcode and start a new project the templates don't show up.

Thanks in advance!

2. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    I was wondering the same thing. I can never get it to install! All that studying and $99 for nothing!

3. yarri

yarri Well-Known Member

4. Tom.Rab

Tom.Rab New Member

Mar 10, 2010
    cocos2D comes with templates for xcode, I highly recommend installing those.

5. Flickitty

Flickitty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    iPhone Dev
    I don't remember 'installing' Cocos2d. I know there is a certain procedure for the Python stuff (which is complete crap IMHO).

I dropped the Cocos2d folder directly into Developers/Library/ and immediately compiled a few things. It seems to have worked. I think Library is an inappropriate location, but I haven't mucked around with it enough to make changes.

6. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    Run terminal.

cd to your Xcode project template locations.

Run install_template.sh from the cocos2d folder.

@KGameLover1 If you still need help...You got my Gmail. :)